My sins in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sins in 2010

Being a new comer, I was unaware how addictive this can be. I thought I would be happy with one but I was wrong... Despite getting what I had always wanted this year, I wasn't satisfied or should I say I lusted for more. I looked forward to what was to come and soon, one came after another. I think I've fallen into a trap, a trap I dugged for myself. I pray for strength to see and hear no evil but my mind is weak. So here's my story of how I sinned this year...

What I had always wanted... a IWC BP5004

and about a week later... a DSSD

fantasized about the AP Panda for many weeks and finally got it 2 months later

Ended off with a G-Shock Bumble Bee today (which was especially sweet cos i really liked the color)

What is to come in 2011 and beyond? I dare not think but all I know is that I'm knee deep into this now. Happy New Year in advance and here's wishing good health to everyone in SGROC!
    I want a 116505!

Welcome to the jungle! I started last year around march. Now I have 10 watches. Always wanting to buy and buy. Lucky my wife nag at me all the time so restrain a little. Haha... Btw nice watches u got there.

Comment

nice collection.. yah watch collecting can be very addictive. seems like your acquisitions in 2010 are a "must-have" from different brands including your Gs.

Comment

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
        Welcome to the jungle! I started last year around march. Now I have 10 watches. Always wanting to buy and buy. Lucky my wife nag at me all the time so restrain a little. Haha... Btw nice watches u got there.
        Thank you Sir... the key now will be to survive in this jungle! From my wife's perspective, the switch of a hobby from modifying cars (which she deems as an accreting liability) to watches seems like a case of the lesser of two evils. The good thing about the latter though is that they don't depreciate as fast as the former.

Originally posted by voltshin View Post
        nice collection.. yah watch collecting can be very addictive. seems like your acquisitions in 2010 are a "must-have" from different brands including your Gs.
        Thank you. You are right! 'm trying to have one watch only from each brand but I'm finding that to be very tough especially when there are so many nice pieces around... sigh...
        I want a 116505!

Comment

As the cliche goes, time is too precious to wear a lousy watch

Welcome to the club bro!
          His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
            Thank you Sir... the key now will be to survive in this jungle! From my wife's perspective, the switch of a hobby from modifying cars (which she deems as an accreting liability) to watches seems like a case of the lesser of two evils. The good thing about the latter though is that they don't depreciate as fast as the former.
            Cool watches and good start already. I made the same switch like you years ago. Amount of money used on modding car is enough to get a few decent watches. Now, I drive a stock car and no headache (this spoil that spoil) and use money to buy watch.

Your next target is much better money spent than Rims, brakes, TBE, Bodykit, injectors, turbo and suspensions!

Comment

Originally posted by desfrie View Post
              Welcome to the club bro!
              Thank you bro!

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
              Cool watches and good start already. I made the same switch like you years ago. Amount of money used on modding car is enough to get a few decent watches. Now, I drive a stock car and no headache (this spoil that spoil) and use money to buy watch.

Your next target is much better money spent than Rims, brakes, TBE, Bodykit, injectors, turbo and suspensions!
              Yah lor... imagine if all those money had been put to better purchases. But anyhow, it was a phase of life. Can't say I did not enjoy that phase, kekeke. Now, I hope to make a good acquisition every year.... and refrain from one too many...
              I want a 116505!

Comment

Welcome to the club! Nice watches! Thks for sharing
                运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

sama sama bro!

Purge that poison...quick

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
                    Welcome to the club! Nice watches! Thks for sharing
                    Thank you

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post
                    sama sama bro!

Purge that poison...quick
                    Erh.... but the bulk of the poison is from viewing your signature and your flips bro... wahahaha... Hope you don't sell the FA Jones... it's such a beauty!
                    I want a 116505!

Comment

Nice collection you have! From the thread title, I though you are showing your SINN watches...
                      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
                        Thank you. You are right! 'm trying to have one watch only from each brand but I'm finding that to be very tough especially when there are so many nice pieces around... sigh...
                        Think bro Wolfeyes1974 is the "da ge" in this...

Comment

Think bro Wolfeyes1974 is the "da ge" in this...
                          Pls lor. You all same gang one lar. Poison each other and all deep deep poison liao. Now trying to recruit more members.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                            Pls lor. You all same gang one lar. Poison each other and all deep deep poison liao. Now trying to recruit more members.
                            No lah I meant he has a watch in nearly every brand. Just look at his current signature

I currently dun follow this strategy...

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                              Nice collection you have! From the thread title, I though you are showing your SINN watches...
                              Yeah, it's a tad misleading . I'm not a big fan of SINN though.

No lah I meant he has a watch in nearly every brand. Just look at his current signature

I currently dun follow this strategy...
                              Yours feel like a majority AP board representation at this moment in time. I wonder if it will stay that way though, kekeke. I expect more flipping in 2011 for you!
                              I want a 116505!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X