Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 312 with different straps

Hi
    Just sharing my new additions and for the benefits of bros considering the same options.

Kain Heritage
    VS vintage nut brown calf
    with charcoal stitch
    http://www.kainheritage.com/strap24mm/veteran566b.html

JNS black croc

OEM black croc

OEM Rubber

cheers...

Hi
    Just sharing my new additions and for the benefits of bros considering the same options.

JNS black croc

OEM black croc

OEM Rubber

cheers...

Comment

Kain Heritage
      with charcoal stitch
      http://www.kainheritage.com/strap24mm/veteran566b.html

Comment

Nice. Thanks for sharing! I always like black strap with red stitches. Perhaps you can consider 1.

Comment

I appreciate that you make the effort to share with us. This is a nice watch, definitely. You really know how to 'dress up' your "toy".. ... now I'm tempted to get more straps again..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

thanks for the suggestion and comment.
            Any idea if jns can restring the straps with other colors?

here is my last one:

Zergun
            http://www.zergun.com/collection-detail.php?id=15

Comment

Think I've found the right person to ask now.. . Since you have these straps, which, in terms of quality and feel, is better? I'd only bought from kain heritage and have not tried other brands. Can share some reviews of those straps you have? PM me if you don't want to share publicly.

Tx!
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by chucs75 View Post
                Kain Heritage
                with charcoal stitch

Wow really nice straps you have there!!! One question, if you keep changing the straps, will it wear out the locking mechanism???
                Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Think I've found the right person to ask now.. . Since you have these straps, which, in terms of quality and feel, is better? I'd only bought from kain heritage and have not tried other brands. Can share some reviews of those straps you have? PM me if you don't want to share publicly.

Tx!
                  I have some experience with Strap Culture, Zergun, Heroic 18 strap. Maybe I can help you on that. I am very impressed with SC and H18 straps as they offer very good value for money. The straps are soft and workmanship is flawless. They also offer a wide selection of straps for you to chose. On the Zergun hornback strap...its actually a printed hornback on calf skin, looks almost the real thing, can't complain for that kind of price you pay except its a little stiff but I'm sure it would soften after some usage. Hope that helps.
                  1 3 5
                  ├┼┼╕
                  2 4 6 R

Comment

Hi Oceanklassik,

among the straps i got, the Kain Heritage is the most comfortable.
                    They are having a promotion and the quality and color is much better than i had expected from browsing their site. I have been wearing that since and for that price even if it got dirty and needed to be replaced, i wont feel that much pinch

The Zergun is actually calf skin, but its the best looking strap in my opinion.
                    Haven't got enuff wrist time yet so cant comment much. One thing for certain, is that its really much stiffer than the rest. Maybe it will soften with time.

Not sure if the locking mechanism will wear out that easily. I was advised by the agent to use proper tool and with any toothpick or sharp objects. I don't think there would be any problem if I stay close to that advice. Moreover, its not rocket science stuff, if it get broken so easily then i'm done with Pam.

Between nice blog Tsetse! You must have spent a fortune!

Comment

Hi Oceanklassik,

They are having a promotion and the quality and color is much better than i had expected from browsing their site. I have been wearing that since and for that price even if it got dirty and needed to be replaced, i wont feel that much pinch

Haven't got enuff wrist time yet so cant comment much. One thing for certain, is that its really much stiffer than the rest. Maybe it will soften with time.

Not sure if the locking mechanism will wear out that easily. I was advised by the agent to use proper tool and with any toothpick or sharp objects. I don't think there would be any problem if I stay close to that advice. Moreover, its not rocket science stuff, if it get broken so easily then i'm done with Pam.

Thanks chucs75 for the compliments! BTW, I only have experience with Kain Heritage, my 2nd set of straps is on the way from Kain, pretty nice experience in terms of quality and colour of the straps.
                      Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                        I have some experience with Strap Culture, Zergun, Heroic 18 strap. Maybe I can help you on that. I am very impressed with SC and H18 straps as they offer very good value for money. The straps are soft and workmanship is flawless. They also offer a wide selection of straps for you to chose. On the Zergun hornback strap...its actually a printed hornback on calf skin, looks almost the real thing, can't complain for that kind of price you pay except its a little stiff but I'm sure it would soften after some usage. Hope that helps.
                        Hi Oceanklassik,

Invaluable information from forum friends here. Tx!

I will like to contribute a little on the notion of "wear out the locking mechanism" issue. I, too, was advised against frequent change of straps on my PAM. And somehow, I buy it. Why? In any such mechanisms, it is only logical that the more usage/movement you give it, the faster the rate of wear. And there also the higher chance of scratching your watch. Of course, not to the point of paranoia.

For me, I refrain from changing straps too frequently. Maybe once a month, or 2 months is fine by my standard. I am less fearful of the cheaper parts that have to be replaced like the pins and buckles. I am more afraid of the screw threads of the watch casing. You may end up having to change the whole casing once the threads "screwed up"!

A friend told me that he had this problem: He bought a new PAM; started changing straps now and then. Few months later, he realized that one of the pins could not lock properly. He sent the watch to Richemont for repair and was told that the locking mechanism was damaged, and there's no way to repair, except to change the whole casing! However, he was given an option to have the pin 'dead' lock, so he had to finalise a strap to be mounted on the watch for a very long time. Of course, he could still do change of straps but he would have to go back to Richemont each time he wants to. Poor thing.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yes tsetse, agree with you on KH's goods. I had bought twice from Kain and is still impressed by the quality. I do want to buy more but feel that I should try other brands before I can make fairer judgement. Problem is, the rest seems far more expensive!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

wow thanks for the insight. How much to change the casing?

Comment

This one I really don't know. Must be a scary figure..
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X