Watch monogamy is difficult to achieve... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch monogamy is difficult to achieve... :(

It has been about 2 years since I bought my first serious watch, the Rolex Explorer 2 Polar...
    Since then, my collection has grew gradually and became more diverse than I could have imagined when I first started. I just acquired a vintage Grand Seiko today and as I was making space in my cabinet for my latest acquisition, I decided to take a snapshot of all my mechanical watches just for record sake. I did a count and it stands at 9 pieces now. I hope to refine the collection and keep to 7 pieces in the future, something that I know I'll struggle to do, but I shall try...

Nice collection

Comment

Nice watches. Tx for sharing.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by raystinger View Post
        It has been about 2 years since I bought my first serious watch, the Rolex Explorer 2 Polar...
        Since then, my collection has grew gradually and became more diverse than I could have imagined when I first started. I just acquired a vintage Grand Seiko today and as I was making space in my cabinet for my latest acquisition, I decided to take a snapshot of all my mechanical watches just for record sake. I did a count and it stands at 9 pieces now. I hope to refine the collection and keep to 7 pieces in the future, something that I know I'll struggle to do, but I shall try...

YOurs quite ok. check out this bro's collection:
        http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/2...ex-collections!
        "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Thats a very big collection indeed. I hope I don't get to that stage...trying to trim down to 7 hopefully by next year...

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
          YOurs quite ok. check out this bro's collection:
          http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/2...ex-collections!

Comment

Very nice collection indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by raystinger View Post
              Thats a very big collection indeed. I hope I don't get to that stage...trying to trim down to 7 hopefully by next year...
              The key is to exercise self control and not to buy any new ones along the way. Quite hard even for me to do. May i suggest you cut off both seiko divers and 1 Rolex diver to begin with. Your position will be quite a lot more comfy then

Comment

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                The key is to exercise self control and not to buy any new ones along the way. Quite hard even for me to do. May i suggest you cut off both seiko divers and 1 Rolex diver to begin with. Your position will be quite a lot more comfy then
                Thanks for the suggestion bro. I can totally empathise with that for I'm also guilty for lack of self control when it comes to watches.

Good suggestion on cutting down the divers. I'm just having a hard time deciding which Sub to keep. The Sub classic with date or Sub Ceramic...

Comment

IMO the sub with the alum bezel should go. My take is that if you intend to keep it in the long run, the bezel fades with exposure to light and the bracelet stretches more and more with use. I don't buy into the fact that it is a discon model and thus more valuable in time to come. These were made in the several hundred thousand pieces for many years so it's pretty much standard fare for the next half-century, no?

Subc is a much better-made watch. The bracelet is so much more sturdy, parachrom hairspring, scratch/fade resistant bezel etc. it should last longer than 2 lifetimes. Mind you i didn't say anything abt this being a good investment. I'm only referring to the quality of materials, which is definitely something to keep in mind

Of course you may have a different perspective on how you might want to shape your collection. And it's always easier to tell someone what to do! I'm really bad at this game of logic myself!

Comment

nice pam, mind sharing where did you pvd it and how much it costs?
                    Currently Wearing
                    Rolex 216570

Comment

Hard to achieve indeed, I think you're clearly guilty of having multiple watch affairs :P

Beautiful and balanced collection, the PP Nautilus dial is very striking, even more so then the white Rolex IMO

Comment

NOOOO!!!!
                        Both Subs are beautiful in their own right, do not leave room for any regrets!!!
                        Current Collection:
                        1. Rolex SubC with Date Ref 116610
                        2. Rolex Datejust Whitegold on Jubilee Bracelet
                        3. Panerai PAM 321
                        4. Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Calibre 8500
                        5. Ball Engineer Master Diver II (2012 Facelift)
                        6. Tissot Couturier Rosegold with Day-Date Display

Past:
                        a. IWC Pilot 377701 with Original IWC Deployant
                        b. Omega Seamaster Chronograph (Blue Wave Dial)
                        c. Tag Heuer Carrera Day-Date Chronograph (Calibre 16)
                        d. Tag Heuer Carrer Twin-Time Automatic (White Face)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X