• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16610 - S Series

How much to pay for a S series 16610?

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
    How much to pay for a S series 16610?
    How much do you want to buy?
    Sorry bro, I'm afraid you gotta do a search in the garage for indications.

Comment

Searched the garage for indications, but no "S" series 16610.
      Maybe S$5.4K reasonable? Still need to check the condition of the watch first. Just know it has no box but come with paper.

Comment

one was sold for about 5.8k here so it does look like a good price.

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/109132...olex-Sub-16610

Comment

Noted the price, will use that as my indicator. Found out it a N-series instead of S. Thanks

Comment

depend on condition i would say

Comment

i sold my k series sub (SEL) last christmas for... $5k.

make sure you don't over pay. i think 5.4k is still a little expensive. i would pay less for an older model... or one that is in really fantastic shape (bracelet and case) and with a good service history (with paperwork to prove it!).

service history doesn't matter if you're not fussy - the wear and tear parts (genuine rolex mainspring and rotor axle) costs less than $150 + a service at an independent watchmaker outside ($250-$350). if the bracelet and case are in good condition, the tube and crown will also be in good condition.

otherwise you're better off waiting for something with newer bracelet/case (R to U serial are all about the same - no point paying more without a documented service history): the change from tritium to luminova and then superluminova (A), the next jump would be P-K with SEL and improved diving extension (93250), and then the non-lug hole designs (Y...?)
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X