No announcement yet.

Bracelet replacement with ROC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new SEL (Solid End Links) bracelet won't fit the older 16233/34 which have pin holes on the lug ends. But if you really like your old watch, it's worth sending it to RSC for servicing and polish.
    My old 16233, after servicing and change of the dial:

(pardon the dark, tanned and hairy hand, results of playing golf weekly in the afternoon).
    The new crystal even has an LEC (Laser Etched Coronet) at 6* clock now!

It was too expensive for me to change the old bracelet, though..

Comment

Originally posted by kenn18 View Post
      The new SEL (Solid End Links) bracelet won't fit the older 16233/34 which have pin holes on the lug ends. But if you really like your old watch, it's worth sending it to RSC for servicing and polish.
      My old 16233, after servicing and change of the dial:

(pardon the dark, tanned and hairy hand, results of playing golf weekly in the afternoon).
      The new crystal even has an LEC (Laser Etched Coronet) at 6* clock now!

It was too expensive for me to change the old bracelet, though..
      Nice blue dial with new crystal replacement, Ken.

My 16234 also is replaced with the new crystal with the Rolex etching.

I personally think it's more worth it to upgrade to 116234 or 116233.

For myself, I am sourcing for a pre-owned 116234 with black or black diamond markers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rofthelper View Post
        Nice blue dial with new crystal replacement, Ken.

My 16234 also is replaced with the new crystal with the Rolex etching.

I personally think it's more worth it to upgrade to 116234 or 116233.

For myself, I am sourcing for a pre-owned 116234 with black or black diamond markers.
        Rofthelper, I thought so too.. but the trade-in price for the 16233, which happens to be my first Rolex, is so rotten (much less than SS sports models), it was better for me to upgrade its aging parts, get it serviced, and pass it to my daughter one day.

For Datejust models, I now prefer the 41mm DJII, either the grey/green dial:

or the Blue Azzuro dial:

The prices not much different from the 116233 (36mm)..

Comment

Originally posted by kenn18 View Post
          Rofthelper, I thought so too.. but the trade-in price for the 16233, which happens to be my first Rolex, is so rotten (much less than SS sports models), it was better for me to upgrade its aging parts, get it serviced, and pass it to my daughter one day.

For Datejust models, I now prefer the 41mm DJII, either the grey/green dial:

or the Blue Azzuro dial:

The prices not much different from the 116233 (36mm)..
          DJs depreciate rather fast and sport models can retain their resale value well.

162333 of cos very chio watch. The dial u mention also very exotic. But 41mm I think too big for me.

I think yr daughter must be very pleased to take over the 16233 fr u. Juz my POV.

I guess I have to hoot another one soon... firstly to fully service my 16234 for my son and buy another piece and pass down to my daughter one day. But I hope they can afford and buy/choose themselves lah.

Comment

Well, don't have to go to ROC. I normally go to the famous Png watch to repair, change pairs or service my Rolex.

Comment

Hi all, just to add my 2 cents... was at RSC yesterday enquiring about replacement 18k TT jubilee bracelet for 16713 GMT2. $5k plus, might as well save up for another pre-owned piece. Have to live with a stretched bracelet sigh!!!

Comment

a 18k TT costs $5k? I was thinking of getting one to fit my old, passed down by dad rolex...

At that price, might as well get a pre-owned 116234

Comment

Actually, you may not have to. There is this guy in Hong Kong called Michael Young that does bracelet restoration. Here is the link:

http://www.classicwatchparts.com/ind.../services.html

Many folks on the Vintage Rolex forum have used his services with great results. I haven't as yet but will probably do soon, I have an 18K TT that needs to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Damiand View Post
                    Actually, you may not have to. There is this guy in Hong Kong called Michael Young that does bracelet restoration. Here is the link:

http://www.classicwatchparts.com/ind.../services.html

Many folks on the Vintage Rolex forum have used his services with great results. I haven't as yet but will probably do soon, I have an 18K TT that needs to be done.
                    Interesting link, any brothers or sisters tried their service ?

Comment

Wow, thanks for the link Damiad!

Now I got a potential lifeline for the stretched bracelet. I was even contemplating getting a aftermarket strap for daily wear and "preserving" the Jubilee for special occasions. Heh, my wife thinks I'm crazy...

Comment

Wow, thanks for the link Damiad!

Now I got a potential lifeline for the stretched bracelet. I was even contemplating getting a aftermarket strap for daily wear and "preserving" the Jubilee for special occasions. Heh, my wife thinks I'm crazy...

Comment

not sure if ROC could supply the vintage part anymore...

Comment

Just called RSC a few days ago to inquire about the price of a new president bracelet... Staff told me it costs at least 16k... And they don't accept trade-in, you get to keep your old bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
                              Interesting link, any brothers or sisters tried their service ?
                              i've used him. great if you know exactly what you want fixed and instruct him accordingly OR if you don't mind him fixing your bracelet how he best thinks so.

for $100 (steel, no welding) you get a bracelet that can be used for another 10+ years... bargain.

gold costs more, due to work involved (re-pinning, cost of gold, etc)
                              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I recently had Michael Young restore a 1979 C&I rivet oyster for us$100 (standard charge assuming no replacement parts such as links etc). Top notch work but as taxico mentioned above, you must be specific with what you want done - how many links you want on each side of the clasp, the specific finish you want, whether to restore the endlinks or not etc.

TT and full gold bands will cost more.
                                Live for Greatness

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X