Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Explorer 1016

hi

usually i prefer vintage SD 1665 or subbie 1680. But I come across a nice 1016. Of course it is smaller in size. But it does look cute and not so widely worn. Coupled with its rich history with Expedition to Everest as its backdrop, it gets more attractive by the day for me.

Any opinions? Priced at about SGD8500. Anyone knows if parts and service still available. I assume it is.
    http://ericssanpad.blogspot.com

Pair of Rolex Datejusts (Creamy Pyramid Dial)
    Rolex Sea Dweller K-series
    Seiko Automatic Divers Watches
    Seiko Diving Computer

Originally posted by ericssan View Post
    hi

usually i prefer vintage SD 1665 or subbie 1680. But I come across a nice 1016. Of course it is smaller in size. But it does look cute and not so widely worn. Coupled with its rich history with Expedition to Everest as its backdrop, it gets more attractive by the day for me.

Any opinions? Priced at about SGD8500. Anyone knows if parts and service still available. I assume it is.
    If I'm not wrong, the 1016 should be produced in the 60s to late 80s. That's at least a good 20yrs from now. Movement wise it's driven by calibre 1560 which differs from the current Explorer calibre 3000.

As for the price, really have to depend on the condition of the watch and whether it's complete with box and papers. An overhaul will probably costs a bomb...
    Last edited by minusplus; 18-12-07, 10:06 PM.
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
      If I'm not wrong, the 1016 should be produced in the 60s to late 80s. That's at least a good 20yrs from now. Movement wise it's driven by calibre 1560 which differs from the current Explorer calibre 3000.

As for the price, really have to depend on the condition of the watch and whether it's complete with box and papers. An overhaul will probably costs a bomb...
      Any idea how much will such an overhaul costs?
      http://ericssanpad.blogspot.com

Pair of Rolex Datejusts (Creamy Pyramid Dial)
      Rolex Sea Dweller K-series
      Seiko Automatic Divers Watches
      Seiko Diving Computer

Comment

Any idea how much will such an overhaul costs?
        Depends on how extensive are the restoration works. Could amt to an order of magnitude of > $1K easily. Spare parts could well be an issue here since Rolex has stopped producing any model running on 1560 calibre since almost 20yrs ago? But then again, the qn is: How much do you like the watch?
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

hi

The 1016 is a beauty. But S$8.5K is far too dear...

Comment

I think I saw one for $8k with papers.

Comment

Really? Where? Do you know what series?

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
              I think I saw one for $8k with papers.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
                Hi I am a newbie..
                Want to know more about a model call Steve McQueen. Anybody has info.
                Thks
                Isn't it the Submariner 5513? I m not sure...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
                  Hi I am a newbie..
                  Want to know more about a model call Steve McQueen. Anybody has info.
                  Thks
                  That model is 1655 known as orange hand explorer2. Price is about $26k to $30k.
                  Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                  Rolex LV submariner
                  Rolex TT black submariner
                  Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                  Rolex Non date submariner
                  Rolex Explorer2
                  More...

Comment

Here is a picture of 1655... enjoy....

Originally posted by teo View Post
                    That model is 1655 known as orange hand explorer2. Price is about $26k to $30k.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      Here is a picture of 1655... enjoy....
                      Very nice....*drool*

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

explorer 1016

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        Really? Where? Do you know what series?
                        ... if you are interested drop me a note and I'll tell you where

Comment

You need to check if the 1016 has an original dial or a replacement dial. If the latter, price you quoted is too high.

Comment

Price of 1016 now?

So, what is the price like for a 1016 (matte, and not gilt dial) now? I saw one for about $5.6. Thanks

Comment

Wah ! A classic piece man !
                              The E2 Steve McQueen last time ppl used to called it "Mark 2".
                              I recall long time ago abt 1998 ~ 1999, i came across a piece of nice 6yrs preowned condition & it has already cost ard SGD12k.
                              Now ! wooh crazy price man ! it now abt SGD22k onward & still goin high high up !
                              i saw a piece @ Top Hour (Sound like Not For Sale), just svc & refurbish by SRC & it look nice & brans new but lost it look of vintage ?

So guys ! what u guys prefer ?
                              A nice glow lume brand new dial or a vintage wash off look with yellowie lume no longer can glow ?
                              New ROLEXY on the Blog

Wishlist
                              1) Yach-Master (16622)
                              2) Explorer II - Black/White (216570)
                              3) Submariner TTc (116613LB)

Madness
                              The ITCH is getting worse & incurable

Repentance
                              I let go my beloved U-Series Sub (16610) for the newcomers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X