Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack marker on vintage rolex.

hi, asking vintage rolex collector.

Does vintage rolex dial damage itself over the years just like this one from the auction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-SEA-DW...item589513b583

Yes it will if you put it to intensive heat or put it under sunlight every single day; anyway the watch itself looks total fake.

Comment

Got ppl say kana water then will become like this... sunlight?everytime? then tropical dial will have crack marker?

Comment

total fake? how did you come to such a conclusion?

because the tritium lume came off from the hour markers? because the lugs have been overpolished?

Movement looks legit..only 'flaw' i can see is possibly the insert pearl being aftermarket but i could be wrong..
        �The time is always right to do what is right.� - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Compare it to other watches on the net, 1. the crown has dot punch 2. the case back belongs to Sea-Dweller "Double Red" 3. Serial lugs missing 4. serial and model not present or hidden why? 5. description of the watch and seller 6. it's the internet; anybody can say what they one or be who they one.

“If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts: but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties.”

Comment

I think it's crap. The caseback looks like yuki's, the case engrave looks wrong too even if you can only see 3 letters.

Comment

Yuki's? Who is that?

It is kind of odd that the lugs are polished..usually they are scratched up because of the endlinks..first time i seen polished ones..you could be right..what is the seller trying to hide...

I guess you are buying the seller first, then buying the watch..
              �The time is always right to do what is right.� - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Google yuki + Rolex. The middle stroke of the letter E should be shorter, the crown guard shape looks too round/fat?
                Originally posted by workz View Post
                Yuki's? Who is that?

It is kind of odd that the lugs are polished..usually they are scratched up because of the endlinks..first time i seen polished ones..you could be right..what is the seller trying to hide...

I guess you are buying the seller first, then buying the watch..

Comment

my concern is not about fake or not... is about the dial, if the dial is age and fall off likt this in the auction, does it still worth collecting vintage rolex?

Comment

IMO there is always a risk for the tritium to crack flake fell off in vintages.

Once happened value will drop.

Hence I will go for a modest 5513 non red sub the most.
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

dial seems correct..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X