No announcement yet.

6694 experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those who has 6694 and other vintage watches in hand that has papers, do remember that if your watch case is corroded, do not change @ RSC hor. if you do, the new case back will not match your papers. end of story liao hor.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      for those who has 6694 and other vintage watches in hand that has papers, do remember that if your watch case is corroded, do not change @ RSC hor. if you do, the new case back will not match your papers. end of story liao hor.
      WhenI send my vintage for a service quote, I get quite demoralised. Some years back, I had a two-tone 1601 with bracelet which I liked very much. RSC quoted me about $1,800 for servicing saying the case was corroded. Since I bought the watch for only $1,500, it did not make sense to
      pursue thru RSC.

I had the watched serviced by one of the recommended repairers at Landmark. It kept time well. I washed my hands wearing the watch - no vapours or signs of water ingress - but I was ever mindful of the
      water integrity of the watch. Besides changing the case, can anything be done to improve the lack of water tightness caused by corrosion? Any experience to share.

Comment

also see where the corrosion is. if in seams joint........ you may have no choice. if it is in the middle of the lugs, you can take risk. just my A$0.02, YMMV
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

To me the 6694 is a must have as a vintage.Its relatively affordable And its elegant looking.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            also see where the corrosion is. if in seams joint........ you may have no choice. if it is in the middle of the lugs, you can take risk. just my A$0.02, YMMV
            Corrosion is not apparent....can only be seen if the back cover is removed. RSC said it's due to not servicing regularly say every 5 years.

Comment

rubbish..... corrosion will occur whether you service or not. corrosion occurs when metals are exposed to elements that accelerate the corrosion process. nothing to do with rsc service. having said that, if detected early, corrosion can be slowed down even stopped completely.

as for your watch, i believe it should pass waterproofing test, but i cannot be certain. this risk is up to you and you should determine whether you require such demands.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                rubbish..... corrosion will occur whether you service or not. corrosion occurs when metals are exposed to elements that accelerate the corrosion process. nothing to do with rsc service. having said that, if detected early, corrosion can be slowed down even stopped completely.

as for your watch, i believe it should pass waterproofing test, but i cannot be certain. this risk is up to you and you should determine whether you require such demands.
                Thanks for your advice. I will consult a technician on (a) stopping the corrosion (b) waterproofing test.

Comment

any place to get a reliable 6694 at a good price? hrd that is selling at $1.2k, worth that buy?

Comment

That's an OK price for one w/o box n paper.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

not easy to get it now @ this price. the price is now about 1.6k without box and papers.

Originally posted by matt View Post
                      any place to get a reliable 6694 at a good price? hrd that is selling at $1.2k, worth that buy?
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                        triton, when u r free, can take a photo of yr boxes for 6694? Thanks.

HEHE.Found my 6694 with box & paper.Here's the photos.Enjoy.

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/u...lusion84/6694/
                        累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

I have 2 pcs of black dial gold hands 6694. 1 with caliber 1225 and the other is 1215.
                          Caliber 1215 is much harder find than 1225 I think, is this correct ?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
                            HEHE.Found my 6694 with box & paper.Here's the photos.Enjoy.

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/u...lusion84/6694/
                            Nice watch ...... and nice box ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by kayaro View Post
                              I have 2 pcs of black dial gold hands 6694. 1 with caliber 1225 and the other is 1215.
                              Caliber 1215 is much harder find than 1225 I think, is this correct ?

cheers
                              Erm... Dun think so about your opinion on cal 1215. From my understanding, ppl prefer the 1225 cal as more reliable and accurate. 1215... not so sought after...

Do correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

kam xia kam xia.When this watch was bought by my dad,I'm not born yet.
                                累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X