6694 experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6694 experience

a rolex collection is never complete without my holy grail aka the daytona and at least a vintage piece. a watch should always comes with box and papers, else i would feel that something is missing.

after looking @ several vintage pieces to decide which one to collect, i decided that 6694 would fit my budget and my requirement - box and papers. the 6694 is a classic piece with rich history. my latest acquistion is one with singapore history as well. i shall post pictures of it in the gallery in due time.

when i first bought my 6694 from horologyfanatic, i thought i would be one step ever closer to completing my rolex collection. how wrong i was. when i first bought the piece, it was 2000 with box and papers back in april 2008. the second piece i bought 3 months down the road, it is already 2200-2400. now it is the end of 2008 and prices in this forum has soared to 2800.

some of forum members has pm me asking me for my opinion, others who knows me better has called me. it is always very hard for me to advise accordingly. why?

this is because if you really like the watch, you should get it especially like a 6694 with box and papers. however @ what price does one feel that it is over priced? first half of the year, where economy was deemed good by most people, the price is most 2400 i have seen in local market. without box and papers, it is commanding a mere 1300-1500 with the watch serviced. so to pay 1000 for both box and papers, people are saying you are crazy.

yes im crazy, 6694 with box and papers are getting more rare. looking @ the current economic situation, a 6694 with box and papers costing more than 2500 is simpy too high a price for me to pay for. however, if you feel that it is a die die must have watch, then go ahead and pay for it.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Originally posted by triton View Post
    a rolex collection is never complete without my holy grail aka the daytona and at least a vintage piece. a watch should always comes with box and papers, else i would feel that something is missing.
    Hmm, how about a vintage daytona with box and papers!

B&P is great to have but be prepared to pay the premium accordingly, sometimes, it can be near the price of the watch itself. Sometimes, given the backgrd of the vintage, b&p may be near impossible and a service invoice for Rolex may be the next best thing. For me, condition of the vintage pieces is just as important.
    Yeah, pls put up pics of your 6694 once they are available...
    Last edited by Ender; 14-12-08, 09:18 AM. Reason: Adding more $0.002 input...
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

i prefer box and paper too. verification paper is good but not complete. in this market, pricing is always supply vs demand, willing seller and willing buyer. as for 6694, never in my radar scope as i prefer sport series. again, very personal choice. i remember that the 1st complete 6694 that i saw was going only for $1500....

time for triton to flash his 6694 babies....

Comment

If with paper price is too high you will never found a buyer here. For vintage piece its ok without paper but for a 5years watch it is better to have it. 6694 for $2600 not too bad, if vintage like 1655 with paper for 30k to 40k forget it lah. You can get a LV sub or Deep sea sea dweller for the price of that paper. You keep paper in box no body will know because you don't wear paper.

Comment

Service 6694 in Rolex service centre can cost half the price of the watch or more. High maintenance cost low value.

Comment

currently collecting 6694 can be considered cheaper compared to those other vintage which cost like 5 digit or more. to get one of those 5 digit is too costly for me as the maintenance costs gets higher. this is because RSC will still have the parts for about 40 years from the date they announce the discontinuation.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Triton, go find a RED SUB lah.. hahahaha

I think 6694 is a classic design... its definitely on my WTB radar should a good and reasonable priced one comes along...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                1.If with paper price is too high you will never found a buyer here.

2.You keep paper in box no body will know because you don't wear paper.
                1.you will be surprised that a lot of collectors have very deep pocket. unfortunately i don't belong to that category.

2.point taken. again, very personal choice. just want a complete set to satisfy myself. not for flashing to fellow collectors.

fully understand both your points but i am a sucker for box and paper....

Comment

x2..... another sucker here its just a sense of "complete package" when you have the box and papers.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Being a sucker got to pay alot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                      Being a sucker got to pay alot of money.
                      i am sure you heard of the old saying 'buy within your means'.

Comment

Would love to own one some day.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

6694:What are the dial colours?

After following the thread, I am beginning to like this watch; not because it fits into my moniker, but I think it's a practical watch for every day use

I have seen the following dial colours:
                          • Black with gold indices
                          • Black with silver indices
                          • White with gold indices
                          • White with silver indices
                          • Silver with silver indices
                          • Gold with gold indices

Moreover, I understand there are blue dial, & dials with Arabic numerals. I have seen Roman numerals and can't be sure that they are real.

My personal preference is white dial with silver indices/gold indices. I also like the gold dial. I would avoid the blace dials with gold indices because they are in my view too common.

What is a fair price to pay for silver dial without box and paper?

Comment

I think this model comes in 4 standard colors; black, silver, blue and gold. The other colors you'd seen may be modified ones. If it's w/o box&papers, it shld not cost you more than $1.6. I may nt b so accurate, so let the gurus here tell you.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Great post bro triton. Thks for sharing. Personally, I think 6694 is a classic design and would certainly grab the opportunity should a good and reasonablly priced one comes along...
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X