attraction of vintage patina dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attraction of vintage patina dial

like to hear your views on vintage patina dials.

this is because i know of a fellow member who likes vintage dials that is yellow(tinge of brownish) but not like what was describe as yellow till burnt look.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

prefer creamy yellow, best on matt dial.
    Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

What kinda' view(s) you seeking? If the patina is even, it is nice lor ..
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

attraction of patina dial, why they appeal. cause for some vintage rolex, the lume is still white, while others have turn yellowish.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        What kinda' view(s) you seeking? If the patina is even, it is nice lor ..
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Then like what MsLucifer mentioned, patina looks best in creamy yellow. And only if they all appear even. I really hope to see something like that on the new Submariner 14060M, if there ever will be one next year ..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I have few subs from about same era....one is dark yellow, one is egg shell cream, one is just a little off white.

All are original and even to hands. Why diff colour? That's the beauty of tritium and patina....they age differently depending on the environment they are in during the first few years of their creation. My understanding is that those that are exposed to more sun remains whiter while those that are kept in the dark turns darker.
            However, this gets fixed after the first few years and they change very little in the later years. So, you cannot keep a white one in the dark for 1 year and expect it to come out yellow. I have tried and also tried putting in the sun to see if it turns whiter....does not work anymore.

Hope this helps. Luminova are just luminova.....last forever without any change. Panerai can colour their luminova dark into patina but they are still luminova...not the banned tritium. Big give away...the bright lum in the dark.

Comment

+1 for creamy yellow
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                I have few subs from about same era....one is dark yellow, one is egg shell cream, one is just a little off white.

All are original and even to hands. Why diff colour? That's the beauty of tritium and patina....they age differently depending on the environment they are in during the first few years of their creation. My understanding is that those that are exposed to more sun remains whiter while those that are kept in the dark turns darker.
                However, this gets fixed after the first few years and they change very little in the later years. So, you cannot keep a white one in the dark for 1 year and expect it to come out yellow. I have tried and also tried putting in the sun to see if it turns whiter....does not work anymore.

Hope this helps. Luminova are just luminova.....last forever without any change. Panerai can colour their luminova dark into patina but they are still luminova...not the banned tritium. Big give away...the bright lum in the dark.
                +1

Tritium gives each watch its own unique look..more personalised that way..
                �The time is always right to do what is right.� - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

the burnt yellow brownish patina colour is undesirable, at least to me.
                  pumpkin yellow is the max...

Comment

in an event if the patina dial is damaged in some way, what will you do to the watch?

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      in an event if the patina dial is damaged in some way, what will you do to the watch?

I will change the dial to a preferred patina tone.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X