Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rolex vintage 1601 original lizard strap and buckle

Hi all,

I am looking for original lizard strap and buckle for my 1601. Picture of the strap and buckle is shown below and is taken from user teou_family who posted in another thread in sgroc (thanks to teou_family)

Anyone knows the cost of a original lizard strap and buckle for rolex and know where to get them? Just went to JW at great eastern building there to send in my 1601 for refurbish and was told that they do not have these buckles for sales, in fact they said this type of buckle is out of stock in the whole world. Appreciate if you people can help me. Thanks!

Hi, to my knowledge u may try RSC for the Buckle and strap as i got them few years back same as teou_family's (shown in pics).
    These 2 items or i would say all parts near Rolex's logo, the "5 match sticks" will not be easy to get elsewhere than RSC...
    Just my 2 cents thought

Comment

i mean Bear, not near....

Comment

Hi flakkampf,

thanks for the reply! How much does it cost can you still remember? Also do i need to produce my rolex watch before i can buy? cos i was told by JW that the servicing needs abt 4 mths time due to the number of orders they have...lol. and i was thinking of getting it straight at RSC if possible.

Comment

No worries, we just share share infor here, helping 1 anpother...
          I will try to dig out the receipt as i think i still have it somewhere in my drawer.
          FYI RSC will only sell parts to u when u send in ur Rolex watch, other than that they will not sell any parts to u.
          Hope this help

Comment

Hi again flakkampf, what do you mean by sending in my rolex watch? You mean i got to send in my rolex watch for some servicing services before they sell any parts to me?

Comment

Rolex leather strap and buckles are controlled items by RSC.

you cannot go over the RSC counter and just buy a buckle or strap.

You have to send your rolex watch in , RSC will check your watch first and if satisfied , then they will sell at $700 to $1500 and that is for simple strap and buckle as shown above.
              My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
              1) WG DIA 18239
              2) YG DIA 18238
              3) WG 18239
              4) YG 18238
              5) YG 18248G Bark
              6) WG DIA 18039
              7) WG 18039
              8) YG 18038
              9) Tridor DIA 18039B
              10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
              11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
              12) WG 1803
              13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
              1)GMT II 116718 18K
              2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
              1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
              2)D15037 14k
              3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                Rolex leather strap and buckles are controlled items by RSC.

you cannot go over the RSC counter and just buy a buckle or strap.

You have to send your rolex watch in , RSC will check your watch first and if satisfied , then they will sell at $700 to $1500 and that is for simple strap and buckle as shown above.
                Wa are they overcharging or what? How come ytd I went to JW they showed me their lizard straps (looks exactly the same as the picture above) and they also said that their straps are original but cost abt 40 dollars oni? Is there something I am missing here?

Comment

Ahboy, have pm u. Check ur inbox

Comment

Originally posted by flakkampf View Post
                    Ahboy, have pm u. Check ur inbox
                    yup saw it. kam sia kam sia!

Comment

That is similar to the combination I have, except that mine is croco.

The 1601 is not a difficult watch to service. There are other shops that can service it too in 1-2 weeks. Or, take it to RSC ... maybe its $600 if nothing is wrong with it, and you can tell them it came without strap or buckle and they will sell you one set. Not sure of cost.

There are Swiss-based sellers on ebay that you can also buy a strap, but you will have to source a buckle locally. The "plaque" one (plated) is a lot cheaper than the 18K buckles.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                        That is similar to the combination I have, except that mine is croco.

The 1601 is not a difficult watch to service. There are other shops that can service it too in 1-2 weeks. Or, take it to RSC ... maybe its $600 if nothing is wrong with it, and you can tell them it came without strap or buckle and they will sell you one set. Not sure of cost.

There are Swiss-based sellers on ebay that you can also buy a strap, but you will have to source a buckle locally. The "plaque" one (plated) is a lot cheaper than the 18K buckles.
                        Hi keltzar! Thanks for the information it's really helpful. I was quoted an astronomical amt at RSC months ago for the servicing - in fact they advice me to just buy a new rolex lol. End up i decided to send in my 1601 to JW just a few days ago for complete overhaul, much much cheaper.

Do you happen to know roughly the cost of the plated buckle vs the 18k buckle? So the buckle that you and teou_family bought is plated or 18k? Pardon my noobness as I just received this beauty 1601 from my dad, I would like to refurbish it into something that can bring back its glory, if u know what i mean!

Comment

call up Rolex SGP yday to enquire about 20mm lizard skin strap, was quoted 350+- without buckle. She mention they have 3 type of leather- normal, lizard and crocs.

I already have an original gold buckle (not sure plated or 18k) from a 1601(according to my dad).

Think I will go for JW lizard skin at $40.

Comment

Originally posted by stepper78 View Post
                            call up Rolex SGP yday to enquire about 20mm lizard skin strap, was quoted 350+- without buckle. She mention they have 3 type of leather- normal, lizard and crocs.

I already have an original gold buckle (not sure plated or 18k) from a 1601(according to my dad).

Think I will go for JW lizard skin at $40.
                            Hey stepper78, thanks for the additional info! envy that you have a gold buckle already, and yep if i were you i also go for JW lizard skin at 40 dollars.

Comment

Just came back from JW.

No 20mm with 16mm buckle size strap in stock. Only have 20/18 for lizard skin.

Have to continue to look about again.

Any one know where to get 20/16 Lizard skin strap?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X