Vintage Tudor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Tudor Question

Hi Brother & Sister, my friend got a vintage Tudor from her dad but me & friend know nuts about it, can anyone help to shine some light on this watch? The year which was made, the series , why is it a mixed of Rolex & Tudor and any value for this watch? Thanks alot..

Basically Tudor belong to and is made by Rolex, and share some of the Rolex parts in the past.

The Rolex bracelet in the pic does not seem to be meant for this Tudor but I could be wrong. If the condition of the movement is still good, it might be worth to restore the dail. As it is, the bracelet probably worth more than the watch head but don't take my words for it
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

i'm not tudor expert but judging by the raised big rose logo and brevet crown, it is an earlier oyster model.

the 78360 bracelet is probably a later replacement (78350?) as these came with folded rolex bracelets or strap. the 557 end links probably means this is a 34mm diameter model.

from the case back i *think* it's a hand-wound movement, therefore likely to be made earlier than the mid 60s. the model is written on the back (7934), as it the serial number.

dating it can be quite difficult, so i recommend a post on vintagerolexforum.

please don't touch the dial.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X