Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning/changing dial

hi all,

i recently got my dad's old rolex. think it's a 6694 judging from the pics posted here. it's a black dial with gold markers and hands.

however, i noticed there's some rust (?) inside and i was wondering if it's possible to clean/change it ? if so, how much would it cost?

p/s : will try to post pic if need to.

thanks in advice

Originally posted by nikoflame View Post
    hi all,

i recently got my dad's old rolex. think it's a 6694 judging from the pics posted here. it's a black dial with gold markers and hands.

however, i noticed there's some rust (?) inside and i was wondering if it's possible to clean/change it ? if so, how much would it cost?

p/s : will try to post pic if need to.

thanks in advice
    Why not restore the dial, I don't think cleaning will help/changing it...not too sure if it's original. I got my old Tudor dial restore at JL Watch in People's Park Complex, very well done! Damage $250+, waiting time 3 to 4 weeks..I have some shots on the Tudor posted in Humble Rolex Collections, page 25...you can have a look there.....

Comment

Originally posted by nikoflame View Post

just leave it and buy a replacement online. i've seen a 6694 dial on VRM recently (from a reputable seller) and it was not expensive. you can sell the damaged dial to recover part of the cost. you can also post a WTB if it is not to your liking.

6694 dials are common and easy to find in good condition, but be sure to buy the seller.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X