X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1601 Stops Overnight!

Hi,

I have a 1601 circa 1976ish.

For 2 weeks after I bought it, i wore it throughout the day and left it lying dial up overnight with no problems timing wise..

Last 2 nights though, when i did the same thing and left it dial up overnight, the watch apparently stopped at 5am and 7am plus the next day.

Funny thing is, when i looked at the watch on both days in the morning about 9am, the second hand is still moving but the hour hand is 3-4 hrs behind! Apparently it had stopped while i was sleeping but started moving again even before i picked it back up.

When I am wearing it to work all day, no problems whatsoever.

Yes, to RSC but just to share how perculiar vintages can behave!

you mentioned that you pick up the watch and the second hand was moving. can you confirm that prior to picking up the watch, the second hand is moving or not.

Originally posted by polarinda View Post

Funny thing is, when i looked at the watch on both days in the morning about 9am, the second hand is still moving but the hour hand is 3-4 hrs behind! Apparently it had stopped while i was sleeping but started moving again even before i picked it back up.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

another thing you can try is winding to the max and monitor its reserve. 30-40 turns should do the trick, dont believe you can overwind the 1601.

happy to be corrected.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X