Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a 6694 at home, comments welcomed

Hi all,

Following the various discussion of 6694, i found one from my dad lying unused at home which i heard he bought it from a pawnshop years ago.

I was thinking of getting it serviced, oiled, polished but was wondering to begin with is it even worth it. Hence I have some questions which i hope someone can kindly help me here:

1. Are the parts original, ie the cover at the back of the watch. I thought it was supposed to show a Rolex logo or something?

2. Is it worth it to overhaul this piece since the condition of it, at best i give it 6/10?

3. How much does changing the parts back to original if some of it is not?

I have read and understood some of the recommended place here is people's park and will check it out but the key question is, is it worth it based on this condition of the watch or im better off getting another piece since i prefer a black dial with silver markers?

Many thanks as im totally new to Rolex. Thanks!
    Rolex Datejust 178279
    Rolex Milgauss GV
    Bvlgari Carbongold Via Condotti

The back looks okay to me but I dont remember a 6694 having fluted bezel/two tone, I might be wrong though.

Comment

How i wish i could find a DeepSea hidden somewhere at home....hahaha...

In the drawer
      R 6694 / TH 3000 / R 79240 / R 16610 V / B Aviator / O PO / R 178341 /
      L Pilot Miyota Type-B / G Incursore / FC Healey

NIB Omega Planet Ocean 42mm for sale.

Comment

or a PN daytona. but one watch that has caught my eye is the vintage milgauss.

neither do i remember a 6694 with fluted bezel; and is that a gold crown?
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that is a gold crown. And according to my dad, he say it was changed last time. Since it is 2 toned, is it still ok?

Also, how much does changinmg the acrylic cover cost for this Rolex?

Thanks again everyone
          Rolex Datejust 178279
          Rolex Milgauss GV

Comment

Wow you are lucky.But to check on the watch in detail you can bring down to Top Hour Enterprise at Lucky Plaza.He can give you a good advise before servicing the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by augpat View Post
              Wow you are lucky.But to check on the watch in detail you can bring down to Top Hour Enterprise at Lucky Plaza.He can give you a good advise before servicing the watch.
              Thanks augpat! I guess i'll do just that when im more free.
              Rolex Datejust 178279
              Rolex Milgauss GV

Comment

Since it's on a leather strap, it's easier to see...can u tell me what's the numbers on the lugs of the 12 o clock side?

Hmm..6694 never had fluted bezel.

In anycase, refurbish the watch and keep it for the next generation. Because trust me..you will regret after selling it because no amount can buy you the same watch back.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  Since it's on a leather strap, it's easier to see...can u tell me what's the numbers on the lugs of the 12 o clock side?

Hmm..6694 never had fluted bezel.

In anycase, refurbish the watch and keep it for the next generation. Because trust me..you will regret after selling it because no amount can buy you the same watch back.
                  Hi darkangle, i cant seem to read it off directly as half is already unreadable due to wear and tear.

But yes i'll take your advice to get it cleaned up and keep it then Many thanks!
                  Rolex Datejust 178279
                  Rolex Milgauss GV

Comment

6694 dun have this bezel. crown was change? if u need to service might be outside thong building coz they dun service any parts that do not belongs to this watch. some say can change acrylic crystal, try to bring it in see whether they service for u.

Comment

Hmmm this is most perculiar... A fluted bezel and gold crown...

I need to check my dad's cabinets for a possible misplaced 1019 or BC ... LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by chrislkb View Post
                        Hmmm this is most perculiar... A fluted bezel and gold crown...

I need to check my dad's cabinets for a possible misplaced 1019 or BC ... LOL!

hahaha, seems like more and more people finding vintage rolex at home!
                        Rolex Datejust 178279
                        Rolex Milgauss GV

Comment

Originally posted by jonchar View Post
                          hahaha, seems like more and more people finding vintage rolex at home!
                          Funny how, my dad found a 1967 Dynamic in his safe and left it to my device to do whatever I want! I have since refurbished it and bought the original strap and buckle from Omega. Cost a bomb and the resale value is so-so...but...hey, it's a precious heirloom. ** telepgm touches his heart **

Double agree with Darkangel; Refurb it and pass it on to the next generation. That's my take.

Good luck with the 6694, mate!
                          "Everyone wants a Rolex. If they say they are not interested, they must be lying." - Telepgm

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X