Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

come rain or shine, there'll always be a reason why vintage rollies rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• come rain or shine, there'll always be a reason why vintage rollies rock!

here's one of my vintage rolex watch... it's my beater - i beat her to death yet still love her to bits!!! she rocks!!! (and i love the ticking sound vintage rollies make!)

there's a dent on this side... i think i thought the ring pouch will protect the crown!

can you see the dent clearer here? i think it was dropped... from stomach level... i think.

since the dented side is now facing the table, let's see what the pouch was protecting... is that acrylic chipped???!

even the case back has a dink! i think it was from a drop too!

now... the front...

these watches can take real abuse and still work fine! (i have no clue when it was last serviced and i've had it for quite a long time)

she runs 1 second fast every 2 weeks and is still super water resistant!

excuse my bad golf tan. have a good (rest of the) week ahead everyone!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Beaten but still beautiful piece u got there!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i just realized some lume has dropped off... and is loose! i think i'm going to have the crystal replaced tomorrow and have the bits blown out before they make their way into the movement...
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        i just realized some lume has dropped off... and is loose! i think i'm going to have the crystal replaced tomorrow and have the bits blown out before they make their way into the movement...
        They will probably ask you to change the dial too....can't escape from that

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I do like the sound of vintage watch... The ticking(sound of the movement) is very loud...
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

Nice watch! I am looking for a vintage 1680 red sub or 5513 too.
            His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Very nice timepiece! Thks for sharing
              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Care to drop it one last time..... into my back pocket?

Comment

i love the vintage font of the 'date' display, every numeral. It's different in new rollies.

Comment

update: i was having my lunch and passed by a neighborhood watch shop - messy, but full of watch parts.

still, just in case it was one of those pretend-watchmaker proprietor, i stepped in quietly and looked at what he was working on, as well as his equipment.

he had a rolex-signed oyster opener and looked fairly competent, so i decided to have him open up my watch and blow out the loose tritium.

as usual, he bugged me to have the acrylic crystal changed but i held firm and asked that he get all the tritium bits out with his blower.

that, a general cleaning plus a caseback o-ring change (generic) was $20. not cheap, but worth my time.

during our chit chat, he mentioned he had a YG day date for sale at $4k+ (head only, no idea which model). those of you who want his shop details, drop me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                      update: i was having my lunch and passed by a neighborhood watch shop - messy, but full of watch parts.

still, just in case it was one of those pretend-watchmaker proprietor, i stepped in quietly and looked at what he was working on, as well as his equipment.

he had a rolex-signed oyster opener and looked fairly competent, so i decided to have him open up my watch and blow out the loose tritium.

as usual, he bugged me to have the acrylic crystal changed but i held firm and asked that he get all the tritium bits out with his blower.

that, a general cleaning plus a caseback o-ring change (generic) was $20. not cheap, but worth my time.

during our chit chat, he mentioned he had a YG day date for sale at $4k+ (head only, no idea which model). those of you who want his shop details, drop me a PM.
                      pm me the shop name.. tks alot..

have a nice day!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X