6694 vs 1501

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6694 vs 1501

hi I'm new to vintage would like to own a piece but can't decide on which piece need some good advise from the big bro here. thks

Something similar

Happy reading..
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hi there wonder if a original un polish blue dial 1501 with thick bracelet selling for 1.7k reasonable? thks.

Comment

Sorry missed out the link

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Happy reading..
        http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=39827&highlight=1601

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

you may consider asking watch passion about 6694. from his sales posts, he seems to be a guru in 6694.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by beerbelly View Post
            hi I'm new to vintage would like to own a piece but can't decide on which piece need some good advise from the big bro here. thks
            set a budget, give yourself discipline, then wait...

and wait some more...

you'll find one that is in good condition and for decent money.

unless you have a preference for a manual winding oyster, i'd go for the 1501 (if they were both priced similarly and both in good condition).
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

6694 good entry level Rolex. I started on it 20years ago. Never looked back. As with cars, must get a model where you can get parts readily and cheap. 6694 is the one. And its affordable.

However, look out for modifications and non-original parts. Always ask to remove the caseback to check. Familiarize yourself with the markings on the movement for the 6694. Many out there have had updated/remodelled dials so unless you get one that is tarnished (99% chance its original), the dial may not be original.

Hope the above helps.

Comment

Originally posted by gregsng View Post
                6694 good entry level Rolex. I started on it 20years ago. Never looked back. As with cars, must get a model where you can get parts readily and cheap. 6694 is the one. And its affordable.

However, look out for modifications and non-original parts. Always ask to remove the caseback to check. Familiarize yourself with the markings on the movement for the 6694. Many out there have had updated/remodelled dials so unless you get one that is tarnished (99% chance its original), the dial may not be original.

Hope the above helps.
                very informative, thks i just bought my first 6694 original dial and unpolish piece recently from a bro here. Though there's some blemish on the face dial as its aged but i like it original.....

Comment

Congratz on your new acquisition. Show us some pics if you can.

Tx.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Congratz on your new acquisition. Show us some pics if you can.

Tx.

ok will try to borrow a decent camera from my friend first.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X