Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This watch worth restoring or just keep it in the drawer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This watch worth restoring or just keep it in the drawer...

Allo everyone, i am helping a golfing kakis to post his watch here. He took out this old watch from his drawer, wind the crown and it came off

He took it to repair and was asking me is it worth to keep or just send to Cash Convertor in Tampines....

What you think guys ? Should he restore it or just clear it ???

Help needed !!!

UL

*** EMMANUEL***

restore... its a piece of history... personal opinion.... if its not too expensive...

Comment

The crown can be fixed very easily without having to restore the whole thing. Don't need to restore it from what I can see. It's more vintage if it is kept original anyway.

If he wants to sell, how much does he want? I may buy it off him!

Comment

this is a rare piece, for me i will restore it....18K solid gold?

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
          this is a rare piece, for me i will restore it....18K solid gold?
          It should be 9k or 14k gold...

I think it's worth it

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Restore.. then... how much he willing to sell

Comment

I will restore it if I were you.

But, you be the judge

Comment

vintage restorations tend to be pricey, plus, we've not seen what else if wrong with the watch...

so it really depends on the quotation and if your uncle feels whether or not it's worth it.

from a "resale" point of view, ladies' watches are usually less in demand, thus less "worthy" in that aspect.

you'll get a ridiculous price from cash convertors, that's for sure.

you can consider asking a watchmaker with a 2nd hand goods license to take it off your hands...

however, from a sentimental perspective (and because rolex prices are siao siao), it may be better off kept in the drawer...
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

When will he be sending it to the cash convertor? I will be there waiting. hehz.

Jokes aside, if I'm him, I might just keep it without even restoring the watch.

Comment

golf kaki so must be doing ok.

if it was mine, will restore to its formal glory, swee swee, then use as valentine gift or anniversary present for wife or gf.

Comment

Just fix the crown. Vintage watch...

Is not like vintage cars. U don't want to mess with originality

Comment

This watch worth restoring or just keep it in the drawer

Thanks for the info Chip As a new collector to Star Wars figures i think i need to get a copy of this too .
                        Try this one

Comment

Hi everyone, my golf kais Mr Chow just repair with the bill of $800 ! Told him to keep it as many here felt that it is good to keep as it does has a little history to it.

If he does want to clear it i will be the first to post here ! Swee bo !
                          *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

As for me i will either sell it or keep it in the drawer.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X