Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearbrass3188 View Post
    A couple of points why i love vintage rolex

(1)It's easy to buy a new Rolex, go down to your AD and hand some money over ...Done , easy and you got yourself the latest model Rolex with all the bells and whistles.... but rest in the knowledge that next year and the year after that, something newer and "blingier" will come along and your new Rolex is not so new....
    (2)If you have the time, research how many rolexes were produced per year up to 1980 and you will see that the mass production of Rolexes went up quite dramatically from then on.......... the simple logic of demand and supply will suggest that the older Aryclic would be more collectable.

(3)half the fun of getting into vintage Rolex the research that is required beforehand.......... ie correct case ( level of polish , condition etc etc), correct period dial and hands to make sure that you havent got a dud and that the piece you have is worth collecting........ but when you get it right........ the results are so, so worth it!

(4) Thoses hi dome crystals, gilt dials , matte dials with creamy patina markers ..... they just dont make em like they used to......

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1280842353

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1280842353

Agree 100% with the above.
    New watch can buy anytime anyday.
    In addition, once you wear your new watch, it becomes second hand immediately.

Collecting vintage rolex is like any collecting hobby,medals,antiques,bank notes etc it is about the passion to complete a set or trace the history of an item.
    you must compare apples with apples so you cannot compare vintage with current models.
    My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
    1) WG DIA 18239
    2) YG DIA 18238
    3) WG 18239
    4) YG 18238
    5) YG 18248G Bark
    6) WG DIA 18039
    7) WG 18039
    8) YG 18038
    9) Tridor DIA 18039B
    10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
    11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
    12) WG 1803
    13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
    1)GMT II 116718 18K
    2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
    1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
    2)D15037 14k
    3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Same analogy as....

Some people like to drive the latest car, some people like to drive the oldest car.

It's just a preference....ME? A few moderns and a few vintages....as long as they make me happy.

Comment

Agree totally

Comment

New or Old or Vintage... as long as it is a good watch, I will wear them!!!

Comment

nice article, thanks for sharing

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X