Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oooh... 5517 milsub FS on VRM...!

alarum alarum!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

I saw the milsub on VRM too...

I lurk the forum on a daily basis, and was actually pretty surprised to see it on VRM. Grails like these are usually the stuff of antiquorum catalogs, and even then they sell for wayyyy past the forecast prices.

Guess I'll have to settle for less extravagant fare. A M.N. Tudor, maybe - but then even those are hard to find reputable sellers for, and who have legit decom papers...

Comment

erh can you post the link ?

thanks

Comment

Suggest you go to the vintage rolex market (google it) and do a search for 5517, order results by date and it should turn up as one of the most recent links.

Caveat though, that the watch sold on VRM was not a complete milsub. Second hand and bezel were not the original spec - and these parts aren't easy to find iirc. You can view another 5517 on James Dowling's webpage (ukwatches; search under new listings) which is complete and gorgeous. Even though its missing the tritium pearl, it looks damn chio man - I can totally imagine some SAS trooper sporting it during mission

Comment

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post
          I can totally imagine some SAS trooper sporting it during mission
          I thought they wear g-shocks nowadays

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Comment

I wouldn't know, but thats why imagine only mah

How I wish Sg had a more lively vintage scene. Personally, I think ppl here could do with a little more character in their watches, rather than have to settle for no dings/dents + superluminova everywhere you look.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X