No announcement yet.

rolex 17013 roman oysterquartz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acrylic crystal is actually plastic crystal...used for the older models...only those from the 90s if I am not wrong then they start the Sapphire

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hiya again,

Am trying to post a pic of the watch. Hope this works.....

Any comments or additional information about the watch is most welcomed
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! Wad other info u want?

Comment

haha, cant think of any yet.........was trying to keep the thread alive.... it has been quiet for a while.

oh yah, there is a number at the back of the case (i presume this to be the serial no.) 706XXXX, does it mean that this watch was produced around 1981-1982 based on the info provided on another thread regarding the manufacturing dates and serial no? it doesn't fit in between the numbers provided on each year but it is somewhere in between the years 1981 and 1982.

the 'lume' on the tritium markers and on the hour hands has worn out.....cant see anything in the night, is it possible and advisable to change or would you rather maintain the classic worn out look? just for opinions sake.

will be going to RSC KL later today........hopefully the $$$$ is within capability.....

Comment

Got a quotation already from RSC KL. BIG SHOCK !

1) Overhaul RM 665
            2) Crystal replacement RM 315
            3) Electric module RM1056 (subject to test)
            4) Motor RM1561 (subject to test)
            5) Pallet RM 531 (subject to test)
            6) Dial RM 707 (optional)
            7) Additional pointed circuit RM1090
            8) Middle part RM1854
            9) Back RM456

Worst case scenario , A WHOPPING RM 8,235

Helppppp..........................

Is it worth the save this dying piece...... , assuming that I am willing to pay for the worst case scenario........This was my dad's first piece of rollie and I discussed this with him and he suggested that we save the poor fellow.

Oh yah, i asked them the cost of replacing a new bracelet.....was quoted RM7k+ (this one probably wont do it)

Share with me your advices and opinions first........ I am stuck in a dilemma.

THANKS A BUNCH!

Comment

Originally posted by wahlaneh View Post
              Got a quotation already from RSC KL. BIG SHOCK !

1) Overhaul RM 665
              2) Crystal replacement RM 315
              3) Electric module RM1056 (subject to test)
              4) Motor RM1561 (subject to test)
              5) Pallet RM 531 (subject to test)
              6) Dial RM 707 (optional)
              7) Additional pointed circuit RM1090
              8) Middle part RM1854
              9) Back RM456

Worst case scenario , A WHOPPING RM 8,235

Helppppp..........................

Is it worth the save this dying piece...... , assuming that I am willing to pay for the worst case scenario........This was my dad's first piece of rollie and I discussed this with him and he suggested that we save the poor fellow.

Oh yah, i asked them the cost of replacing a new bracelet.....was quoted RM7k+ (this one probably wont do it)

Share with me your advices and opinions first........ I am stuck in a dilemma.

THANKS A BUNCH!
              Actually I am not surprised...it's Rolex.

Anyway...for a piece with sentimental value...any amount...is reasonable. I spent $751 SGD on a new bracelet for my grandpa's Rolex...Worth every single cent paid. Everytime you look at piece...the feeling..

My advise is to fix the neccessary to keep it alive. Skip the changes that will not affect the watch's "life" significantly. In that case...skip the change of the dial and the crystal if the crystal is not too bad condition.

Comment

Hey darkangle,

Thanks thanks for the words of encouragement and prompt reply......i've decided to go on with items 1),2) and 7) and pray that 3),4) and 5) are not necessary (they will only know once they disassemble everything. Item 8) and 9) is for the change of case which i will give it a pass for now.....

And now , is the waiting part...........RSC told me it's estimated 7 weeks to complete the above and also to service my dad's Submariner.

Cheers!

Comment

Sorry,

I meant darkangel..............not darkangle.

Comment

Hey darkangle,

Thanks thanks for the words of encouragement and prompt reply......i've decided to go on with items 1),2) and 7) and pray that 3),4) and 5) are not necessary (they will only know once they disassemble everything. Item 8) and 9) is for the change of case which i will give it a pass for now.....

And now , is the waiting part...........RSC told me it's estimated 7 weeks to complete the above and also to service my dad's Submariner.

Cheers!
                    Pretty gd choice...anyway..good luck! All the best bro!

I m sure you will find that every cent is worth it

Comment

THANKS!!!!!

Looking forward to get the watch back......and meanwhile, my wrists are itching for the WHITE DIAL EXPLORER II

i'm fighting with my inner demon to hold back since so many forummers mention that it's worth waiting a while more to see whether the price drops or not................but it's DIFFICULT

correct me if i'm wrong but i read that you own one currently..........any comments ?

Comment

THANKS!!!!!

Looking forward to get the watch back......and meanwhile, my wrists are itching for the WHITE DIAL EXPLORER II

i'm fighting with my inner demon to hold back since so many forummers mention that it's worth waiting a while more to see whether the price drops or not................but it's DIFFICULT

correct me if i'm wrong but i read that you own one currently..........any comments ?
                        Used to have a White Exp II...really really nice watch man!

I will buy it back again...someday....but for now i wont buy back the same watch i got again.

Comment

Nice!!!!!

I am sure u will get all the watches u want in due time. No doubt about ur passion

Bro, I need a small favour.......I directed this to sifu ohlins via a PM but I guess I really shouldn't do that (intruding other ppl). I am sure this is the wrong thread to ask u this but since u have been replying very very promptly (A very big thank you!! ) and I am quite desperate here, I'll give it a shoot.

I have got myself a SS Daytona about a week ago (from a very well know, probably the biggest and most established AD) from what I read in the many threads here and also ohlins blog's guide to identifying a fake rolex, I am pissing my pants here. Is it true that when u shake a rolex gently, u shouldnt feel any movement nor any sound cos I did it and I FELT BOTH!!

Very depressing as I have spent an arm and a leg to get this.

Comment

replied your pm....
                            the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

The daytona rotor is heavier so you will feel some movement - its normal.

re: oysterquartz. They were never made in acrylic, only sapphire. RSC S'pore did tell me also that servicing an oysterquartz was expensive. What is important is to change batteries regularly. If you don't it'll leak then you have a big problem.

Most of the case/bracelet can be polished. i would not worry.

worry only about the movement servicing.

Comment

HI ALL SIFUS,

THANKS FOR THE REASSURING INFO ON THE DAYTONA!!

P.S keltzar, yeah, i was told by RSC that the battery should be replaced every 1.5years to 2 years. When i brought the watch to RSC yesterday, it was probably one of my most embarrasing moments..........

There i was sitting at the lounge waiting for the staffs to assess the condition of the watch. Then this lady staff called to me and the first thing she said was ''Mister, according to our records, your last service was in 1993, fui yoh! and it was brought back in 2001 for a battery replacement. I stood there feeling like the biggest idiot in the world.....the two other lady staffs were just smiling. (for a moment, my dad become my enemy and i was thinking of doing this to him , haha)

but anyway, the oysterquartz is in safe hands now.........just need to wait

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED. SG-ROC ROCKS!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X