Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolex 6694 Dial - Era (Swiss made or Swiss)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex 6694 Dial - Era (Swiss made or Swiss)

Hi,

just went to a few pre-own shop at pearl area and found a few 6694 with black dial and gold indexes. They are really classic but i observed there a few dial types. Some has T-Swiss made-T and some has T-Swiss-T. Which would be a better dial to buy with a 6694 with new solid oyster bracelet - say an 80s made? usually this watch is super frankened due to many uncles changing hands and modifying. I personally dont like the folded oyster bracelet type - feels like plastic...too light.

Anyone can help give comments?

Just for update - saw the new sub TT 116613 displayed at KHH window display - both blue and black - looks like stock is readily available - otherwise usually wont display....
    My Rolexes and Tudor...

6694 is hand wind

Before you buy a 6694, do consider that 6694 is a hand wind watch and you got to wind it at least every other day. This can be a pain if you have a few watches which is left on the winder.
    My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
    Rolex Submariner 16610
    Rolex Submariner 116610
    Rolex Date 1550
    IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
    IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
    Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
    Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
    Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
    Seiko Sumo SBDC001
    Seiko Sumo SBDC003
    Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
    Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

just have to wind 10 times aday if you are not wearing...easy as a ABC...and the workhorse movement of 6694 is virtually bullet-proof if properly serviced regularly....
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I am not too particular whether its T SWISS T or T SWISS MADE T.I love the 6694 and it still gets regular wrist time despite having other nice vintage rolexes.

Comment

Silver or White date-wheel

Heard someone commented that 6694 do have both silver and white date-wheel. How true is that and is there any connection with the above???

Comment

Should be white date-disc and not date wheel....white date-disc normally goes with white, black or grey dial and yellow date disc goes with champagne dial.

Comment

i understand that 'swiss' only dials are service replacements... but for most normal rolex watches i don't think it makes too much of a difference.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X