Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Assistance : Please help identify this Vintage Rolex

Hello friends. I'm new here.

My father retired in 1974 and was given a Rolex as a retirement gift by his friends in Inchcape (engraving on the case behind). He left the watch to me when he died in 1993. Since then I have been wearing it but was never really interested in watches until recently by way of clocks (thats another story).

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to help me identify the watch; I think it might be the 1602 when I do but would like someone to confirm it for me.

Thanks so much in advance and I am glad to have found this forum!
    Attached Files

Reload image

Hi, I think there is a problem with the image. I shall try to load again.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eteo View Post
      Hi, I think there is a problem with the image. I shall try to load again.
      u cannot load picture direct from your pc. try using photobucket and copy the link. hope this helps

Comment

Hi, thanks.

Try this:

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t=IMG_6331.jpg

Hope it works this time.

Comment

It's a 1601.... Congrats

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Welcome

This is a beautiful watch and we are also glad we found you.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              This is a beautiful watch and we are also glad we found you.
              i think he found us
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Thank you everyone.

I have had it serviced twice since he died in 1993, each time at the RSC. As you can tell, it looks as good as the day he first put it on. I still wear it every day and it reminds me of him. Like him, it goes about its business with no fuss, just telling the date and time. One day, my son will every inherit it. I will never sell it and it will be a family heirloom.

Thank you friends, at least I now know its name!

Comment

Thank you everyone.

I have had it serviced twice since he died in 1993, each time at the RSC. As you can tell, it looks as good as the day he first put it on. I still wear it every day and it reminds me of him. Like him, it goes about its business with no fuss, just telling the date and time. One day, my son will every inherit it. I will never sell it and it will be a family heirloom.

Thank you friends, at least I now know its name!
                  Hello bro,

Congras! Ithink this is 1603, i have a similar pc, bought last year thru a pre-owned shop, it is a great time piece. Movement is 1570.

Cheers and thanks for sharing.

Danz

Comment

Yes, this is a 1603 model not 1601.

1601 has a traditional bezel on it.

And the movement could be a 1560 or 1570 depending on when the watch was manufactured.

Comment

Rolex 1601 CAL 1560

Hi, thanks.

Try this:

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t=IMG_6331.jpg

Hope it works this time.
                      Hi eteo,

Jamier9 is correct. Here are the pictures similiar to your watch, bezel and hands slightly different.

The movement inside:

Hope this is useful for you. The same watch is sold recently on an overseas catalog for around US$850++. Your Rolex has the original band, you can put another couple of hundred on top of the pricing. So I guess your Rolex will fetch about US$1050. This is just a guide.
                      Regards
                      sgvintagethingy
                      http://www.sgvintagethingy.blogspot.com

Comment

Definitely a 1603, which has a machine turned steel bezel.

The photo above is that with a dauphine hands which puts it earlier (no later than about 1968) , using movement 1560.

The one in his original photo uses baton hands, so probably 1969-1970s... possibly movement 1570 (same movement as submariner 1680).

You can get its production age from here:
                        http://clockmaker.com.au/rolex_serial_numbers.html

... remember to keep ALL associated boxes/papers/ servicing receipts.

Comment

i need some help identifying this rolex

hey all,

i have a really really old rolex with me. and i need to know it's value now if i sold it and also how to see it's model.

i only have the following description:

- the watch face is black and with gold wordings, gold hr and min hand.
                          - there is the words ROLEX Oysterdate on top and below is Precision
                          - it has a date at the right hand side corner (placed at the 3)
                          - i think its acrylic for the cover not sapphire crystal
                          - it's automatic plus it's also manual winding.

i don't know how to post pictures on this website.

Comment

Need your help identifying this watch

This is a watch that I got from my dad safe after he pass away.
                            No receipt and box. Can help to verify the model and the estimated value?

Is this consider a vintage?

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/...32009006_2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mykpo View Post
                              This is a watch that I got from my dad safe after he pass away.
                              No receipt and box. Can help to verify the model and the estimated value?

Is this consider a vintage?

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/...32009006_2.jpg
                              From the pic can only tell it's a datejust. If u wanna find out the model, gotta remove the bracelet to take a look at the serial number in order to tell the yr of production. My guess it could be in the 1980s. U want I can help u remove the bracelet FOC!!! hehe

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X