do you wear your vintage regularly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you wear your vintage regularly?

there's a vintage sub from 1967 i'm about to buy, but as i'd like to use it daily, i wonder how it would hold up to daily wear and tear...

does anybody here wear their vintage watch daily (or use a vintage as their primary watch)?

i wonder if a no-date sub might be a better choice...
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

I wear my 1601-4 regularly.

It can hold the wear and tear that's not a problem but for collecters....they might not do it. They want to preserve the watch's condition as gd as possible.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

which is tough, because i'm not a collector, just someone who is able to buy a sub at a good price.

i think i'll not subject the nice watch to my abuse... : ) it would suit a collector better than me.

will look for a no-date sub instead for daily wear, and not buy the vintage.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Vintage buy to keep...ND sub can wait...

if u dun want the lobang u can pass me

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Vintage buy to keep...ND sub can wait...

if u dun want the lobang u can pass me
          ya la... miss lobang will heart pain 3 yrs man.....

never pass on a gd bargain man....
          相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

i buy watches to wear them. if i find myself hesitating to wear them, usually, you will soon see them up for sale.
            i wear my tudor 7928 as a weekday beater. I have a desk job and I am careful eg. be gentle when washing hands, shielding it when walking in crowded places etc...
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

I find that the acrylic crystals on vintage models tend to pick up scratches very easily. So you need to be extra mindful of your vintage watch when you wear it, which is kind of bothersome.

The no-date sub is an excellent choice and is very good value around the 4k mark.

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
                I find that the acrylic crystals on vintage models tend to pick up scratches very easily. So you need to be extra mindful of your vintage watch when you wear it, which is kind of bothersome.

The no-date sub is an excellent choice and is very good value around the 4k mark.
                Well acrylic crystal are easy to polish...can DIY with cape cod

Comment

in the good old days, just polish using colgate...equally effective in removing minor scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                    there's a vintage sub from 1967 i'm about to buy, but as i'd like to use it daily, i wonder how it would hold up to daily wear and tear...

does anybody here wear their vintage watch daily (or use a vintage as their primary watch)?

i wonder if a no-date sub might be a better choice...
                    Hi,

I wore my Red sub daily for the past months since CNY and did not pay much attention compared to my newer sub which I wore a few time since new. I tend to feel very easy knowing it is a old watch.

Hope you feel the same.

Cheers,
                    Red sub 1680 / sub 1680 / sub 16610 / Explorer II black & white /

Comment

Good point

Get it change also cheap and it looks new again

I wear my Sub-date 1680 during weekend, also I really take good care of it and so far NO scratches

Comment

Oh well, my dad gives ALL his vintages in his safe and NEVER wears them...

Comment

Wasted that's all I can say

Comment

I try to wear my vintages at least once a month.

Comment

Do you wear your vintage Rolex daily?

I wear the Oyster Date on a regular basis for dress casual and once in a while for business. The 1940 Gold Tonneau makes a very nice dress watch but is small and the sub-second hand is very hard to read. The 1927 Silver Cushion has a refinished Sunburst dial and is very attractive and I wear that with very nice suits. It is a good conversation piece that usually leads to talking about collecting vintage watches. I rarely wear the Speedking as it is small although has the classic Rolex look. It was my first Rolex so I probably won't part with it. For all other occasions including most days, I wear the Submariner with a black and silver Nato band (the Oyster band makes the watch too heavy).

Submariner 14060 Z 2007
                              Oyster Date 1501 1968
                              Speedking 6420 1959
                              Gold Tonneau 1940
                              Silver Cushion Case 1927

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X