No announcement yet.

Anyone seriously uses GMT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luxury watches are more for ornamental purpose rather than a tool to tell the time, so nothing wrong with not using GMT or other complications.
    elusive

Comment

my gmt2 when i bought it.i read through the guide. gave up after 20 mins. lol

Comment

In fact, i try and hide the gmt hand lol

Comment

I use it daily as I'm working closely with colleagues in Moscow.
          So one glance I'll know home time or Moscow time without needing to calculate the time diff in my head..

Comment

Same here. GMT watches are useful for me since I work with people based in different time zones.

Does any one know why GMT watches are less popular in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Afghanistan, Iran, Myanmar and Venezuela?
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I will set the GMT hand to Singapore time when I am in overseas with a different time zone and I can easily time what time it is in Singapore.

On lesser popularity on the countries listed, GMT doesn't really work with their timezone...
              Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              Same here. GMT watches are useful for me since I work with people based in different time zones.

Does any one know why GMT watches are less popular in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Afghanistan, Iran, Myanmar and Venezuela?

Comment

Originally posted by zhleez View Post
                On lesser popularity on the countries listed, GMT doesn't really work with their timezone...
                I think you got the answer though you didn't explain it clearly. Those countries are in the so called half hour time zones, so GMT watches that tell a 2nd time zone by the difference in hour will not tell the exact time. Unless both home and away happen to be in the half hour time zone.
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

gmt is nice.

Comment

I hardly use the GMT while I am traveling, it is more of a dress rather than tool watch for me.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X