No announcement yet.

New GMT master 2 blue n black bezel 116710BLNR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my girl de fren just bot it at hour glass, look cool. but i don think worth the money, cos the only different is the bezel color n the gmt pointer.

Comment

no rush to buy...just like the gmt 2 black bezel when it first came out.
      Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
      Tag Heuer Formula 1
      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
      Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
      Rolex GMT II 16710
      Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Agree with Evets

wait a couple of months and also consider looking at 2nd hand market.

Comment

blue and black........... siuuu@@@

Comment

Hi,
            I am a newbie. I looking at buying my 1st Rolex likely a GMT 2, have the following questions;

1. 16710 - I see pic of picture black & red Brezel?
            2. Some "Swiss" "Swiss made" "Swiss T<25"
            3. What's the significant of E series? More expensive/rare?
            4. If warranty not dated or named, good thing as in warranty still intact if we send in to RSC?

Thank you for any advice given.

PS. I posted this in another thread but no response, seeing so many GMT expert here. Hopefully someone will help me pls.

Comment

Hi and welcome

I'll try to understand and hopefully answer your questions to my ability.

"1. 16710 - I see pic of picture black & red Brezel?"

I don't quite understand if this' a qns. Anyway, the ROLEX GMTII 16710 is an older GMT model and it comes in three different sets of colored bezels, black, blue/red ("Pepsi") and black/dark-red ("Coke"). This model has been discontinued by ROLEX.

"2. Some "Swiss" "Swiss made" "Swiss T<25""

Those labels you find on the watch dials indicate the timeline of the watch productions. You can find relevant information from the Internet. Other than its timeline, there are other reasons for the different labels. The older models should start with "Swiss T<25" (a certain amount/quantity of tritium was used on the "lume"). Then came the "Swiss" for a couple of years (1999-2000) before "Swiss Made" was introduced, and till today. And of course, ROLEX had changed the content used for the "lume", which is no longer tritium.

"3. What's the significant of E series? More expensive/rare?"

This, I'm not aware. I know, however, that the 'M' series for the 16710 is more sought after because of some reasons such as the last batch before it is discontinued, use of a newer movement (3186) as compared to the older series (3185), some word font different, etc.

"4. If warranty not dated or named, good thing as in warranty still intact if we send in to RSC?"

Yes, only if the watch is not too far old.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Hi and welcome

I don't quite understand if this' a qns. Anyway, the ROLEX GMTII 16710 is an older GMT model and it comes in three different sets of colored bezels, black, blue/red ("Pepsi") and black/dark-red ("Coke"). This model has been discontinued by ROLEX.

Those labels you find on the watch dials indicate the timeline of the watch productions. You can find relevant information from the Internet. Other than its timeline, there are other reasons for the different labels. The older models should start with "Swiss T<25" (a certain amount/quantity of tritium was used on the "lume"). Then came the "Swiss" for a couple of years (1999-2000) before "Swiss Made" was introduced, and till today. And of course, ROLEX had changed the content used for the "lume", which is no longer tritium.

This, I'm not aware. I know, however, that the 'M' series for the 16710 is more sought after because of some reasons such as the last batch before it is discontinued, use of a newer movement (3186) as compared to the older series (3185), some word font different, etc.

"4. If warranty not dated or named, good thing as in warranty still intact if we send in to RSC?"

Thank you very much and I can find 1 more detailed.

Comment

I'm now at Switzerland looking out for my 1st Rolex & quite like this black & blue bezel. The price is CHF 8,100 before tax rebate. I like it but not sure if it has good resale value. Most of my friend is asking me to get Submariner.

Comment

Originally posted by yendli View Post
                    I'm now at Switzerland looking out for my 1st Rolex & quite like this black & blue bezel. The price is CHF 8,100 before tax rebate. I like it but not sure if it has good resale value. Most of my friend is asking me to get Submariner.
                    The Sub's a classic, can't go wrong with that. I too have a feeling that the demand for this two-coloured bezel might drop after a few months. If it was blue and red though, I would be definitely queuing up for it

Comment

I personally feel the blue black is nicer than the red blue. The red blue is a model of the past, Rolex will move on and no point to revive it.

Comment

I got it in July and didn't regret it as I get to enjoy it earlier.
                        I am an impatient person so can't wait if affordable.
                        Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
                        Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                        Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
                        Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
                        Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
                        Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
                        Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
                        Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
                        Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
                        Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

It would be more striking if this came in TT. More bling

Comment

Hi,

Could u help me with this question,

I just bidded my 1st Rolex and 2nd hand thru' eBay (payment thru paypal) but after I paid then I browse thru this forum and got worried.

1). The watch is a GMT Master 2 with warranty paper (not named & dated) & however the serial number given by communication and blur visual is E 515xxx, also I asked to indicate on invoice. But upon browsing I discover that E series which is 1990/91.
                            Is GMT Master 2 available in as early as 1990/91?

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            Hi and welcome

Comment

http://www.gmtmasterhistory.com/gmt-..._timeline.html
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

In your case, likely will be 货不对版

Originally posted by Tomlim23 View Post
                                Hi,

Could u help me with this question,

I just bidded my 1st Rolex and 2nd hand thru' eBay (payment thru paypal) but after I paid then I browse thru this forum and got worried.

1). The watch is a GMT Master 2 with warranty paper (not named & dated) & however the serial number given by communication and blur visual is E 515xxx, also I asked to indicate on invoice. But upon browsing I discover that E series which is 1990/91.
                                Is GMT Master 2 available in as early as 1990/91?
                                My collections, past & present:-

Tag Heuer 2000, 1989 Aug
                                Dunhill Automatic DC 3095, 1991 Dec, Sold
                                Swatch Aqua Chrono, 1995 Nov, Spoiled
                                Rolex Oyster Perpetual 68274, 1999 Jun, Sold
                                Tag Heuer Carrera CV2113-0, 2003 Apr
                                Swatch Quartz Precision SBK401A, 2003 Jun, Spoiled
                                Tag Heuer Carrera WAC1111, 2004 Dec, Sold
                                A.Lange & Sohne, Lange 1 101.030, 2006 Jan
                                Casio G-Shock DW 6900AC, 2013 Jun
                                Rolex Explorer 214270, 2013 Aug Sold
                                Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN, 2014 Jul

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X