First time buyer please assist me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seiko1561 View Post
    Thanks all. Need some views from u guys here. Got a quote from AD @ $8775. Issit a fair price? I think it is 10% off retail as retail shld be $9750.
    Can pm me which AD gave u this quote? I am interested too. Thks

Comment

Have you considered going to countries like Hong Kong or Japan to get your pre-owned watch? I got one for my wife from Japan

Comment

hope to see your new purchase

Comment

Good info!!
          AD are authorized distributors like hourglass and cortina watch?
          And gray dealers are those advertiser found here on SG-ROC?
          Actually what are diff between AD and GD (gray dealers)?

Comment

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/48702-...n-buying-watch
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I will take a different tack here, if my fellow 'forumers' do not mind. Let me give a very recount of my brief experience in watch-collection.

I started off reading what I could about a particular model (say Explorer II) before covering other models to appealed to me. For a long time I was struggling between a Explorer Polar and a Green Sub. Eventually the latter won. So the moral of the story is that one may not get what one started off with.

As for the 'research' bit, I would recommend profuse amount of research as well as physical examination of the time pieces involved (one reason I did not acquire the 16570 was, in the words of a post in a foreign forum, it 'underwhelmed'. I may eventually go for a 216570, but right now, my heart is set on a 116520 Daytona, or some variant.) A useful website - as a reference for all Rolex models - is Bob's Watches (http://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-models/) I recommend merely because it contains a good amount of information of the models and model numbers. I hope I am not in breach of Forum rules here.

The last thing is to determine the 'vintage' of the watch that you wish to acquire (that is if you are going for a pre-owned version). For me I started off from D series onwards till V series. I steadfastly refused to consider anything earlier (it was just a personal preference, this rule may change if I acquire a Day-Date President some day) I think we are seeing a lot of new models/variants after G series, and then the alphanumeric series simply throws most people off with respect to vintage. That said, if you are buying now you can at least be rest assured that for most models, AN series would probably be at most one year old.

Comment

Me looking at the explorer 1. Any idea the price like and discount given?

Comment

Originally posted by RevolVL View Post
                  Me looking at the explorer 1. Any idea the price like and discount given?
                  Markup high more discount, markup low less discount.

If you are ready to buy, why not just give the seller your serious offer.

"Willing seller willing buyer" close the deal.

The more you ask, the more you can`t make up your mind.

Maybe, end up with another model. Or " Submariner II " , " Explorer III " .

Comment

Hi guys,

Actually, I am considering a 14060m now and really confused whether to get a 2 liner or 4 liner, and if it's 4 liner whether it will be better to get the one with Parachrom Blu hairspring?

Comment

Thanks for all the info from everyone, making good use of this thread on my next step

Comment

Hi

You may explore options

New- to get local AD discount and use credit card interest free installment
                        Used- buy from here so no middlemen mark up

Comment

I think it's better to buy from here in terms of price. I did saw some reputable guys selling in the forum and indeed it's much much cheaper then AD.. Do look around for a while before deciding..

Comment

For me I bought my year 02 14060 about 5 weeks ago from _ _ watches at people park center. I bought it at 4.7k.Not sure if it is cheap? With box but no cert. only come with a servicing receipt from jap. i believe this is quite a reputable shop which does servicing therefore i did not send in for authentication. Was told if really want to send in, send it in to replace the bezel rather then authentication as RSC will check every part making sure its original before they do anything to ur watch. Anyone care to comment ?

Comment

Does anyone know the process of selling to pre-owned/ 2nd hand shops? Thinking on amount of checks (if any, they should have...) on authenticity of their buy-in? Trying to figure the assurance on buying from them = )

Comment

I am looking at the explorer II, any recommendations please

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X