Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vintage lovers - give the maxi case a chance (!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage lovers - give the maxi case a chance (!!!)

i love vintage rolex. i started there and i grew up with it.

i received a rolex 116610 sub date in celebration of a few special events in my life. this is my first time i've owned a new model - i've avoided handling them as much as i can.

this maxi case watch is radically different, but embodies a lot that i've wanted in all the different vintage rolex watches i've held - except it's all in ONE modern rolex.

i'm still getting used to the lug to bracelet taper/flow. i'm not sure if i'll grow to like it like so many others did, but that's what aftermarket straps are for (isofrane!).

if you accept it as an inevitable evolutionary leap, it will make sense. it does now to me - all different but yet the same.

my only feeble complaint is the sub glidelock should be the same one as on the DSSD. better than the easylink though!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

While i prefer the aesthetics of the older case, what is the technical reason for going to the maxi case in the newer models? Surely it can't be water resistance since the older 14060 has the same WR as the 114060.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X