Submariner SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submariner SS

Hey guys, im a newbie here. Im looking to get a submariner SS this weekend. Best price i got from a AD is 10,500. Is there anyone who could perhaps intro me to someone who can offer more disc?? Thanks in advance!!!

Would greatly appreciate inputs from the more experienced bros.

Comment

Originally posted by hellalive666 View Post
      Hey guys, im a newbie here. Im looking to get a submariner SS this weekend. Best price i got from a AD is 10,500. Is there anyone who could perhaps intro me to someone who can offer more disc?? Thanks in advance!!!
      Are u looking for with date or without date?

Comment

Look ard the rolex garage section....I see some ads asking for low 9ks from grey dealers
        elusive

Comment

im looking for sub with date. as this is my first rolex, i wanna get it from AD although i understand that i will prob have to pay more. Hence, thats why i am asking the more experienced bros here whether they have any contacts at ADs to help a newbie.

Comment

As mentioned by satch, the ones from overseas ad are very attractively priced..difference of at least $1k compared to local ad. Warranty wise it's international, so no issue. Perhaps for your peace of mind, u could do a verification at RSC..small cost compared to the savings in purchase price.

Comment

yes cheapest is the gentlemen selling rite over here in the garage..very competitive prices..

Comment

Am also in the market for one, and also considering my options:

1. New from AD
                2. New from grey importer/SG ROC
                3. Pre-loved from shop
                4. Pre-loved from SG ROC

My justification for buying is that they serve to preserve value while allowing me to enjoy some material comfort, as opposed to keeping the money in the bank. From the value preservation point of view, would it make sense to buy new?

Comment

Originally posted by scoobysix View Post
                  Am also in the market for one, and also considering my options:

1. New from AD
                  2. New from grey importer/SG ROC
                  3. Pre-loved from shop
                  4. Pre-loved from SG ROC

My justification for buying is that they serve to preserve value while allowing me to enjoy some material comfort, as opposed to keeping the money in the bank. From the value preservation point of view, would it make sense to buy new?
                  From a value preservation point of view, it would definitely be better to buy used, as the first owner has already taken most of the depreciation. You could likely sell it for the same or even higher price.

However, if you are set on the latest 114060s, which are so new that they haven't had much time to depreciate, you might as well buy new. Saw a reputable local non-AD posting a BNIB 114060 for $8.3k.

Comment

i refuse to pay retail.

my wife bought me a brand new 116610LN this month for less than SGD$8,500 from my regular watch dealer. i think she paid $8,450 (not sure, but less than 8.5 for sure) non-local AD with stamped and dated warranty card + full box set.
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I dont mind buying from my regular local AD although need to pay slightly more than gray sets
                      watches are meant to be enjoyed, not to look at the 'losses'

Comment

to me, $2k is not "slightly" more... that's a big % of $8.5k (assuming 10.5k is the local AD price).

i enjoy my watches whichever way i get em - but even more so if i know there's extra money in the bank.

i guess it's not about the "losses" but the savings since i see no need to build a relationship with a singapore rolex AD.

patek, on the other hand... i'd pay $2k more to buy from the boutique all day every day.
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I agree with you taxico ! $2k can buy another 6694 ! plus servicing fee !

Comment

One question on the 116610LN: Are there 2 version of the watch? This is because I have observed that the 1000ft=300m is different in some watches.
                            Version 1: 1000ft=300m
                            Version 2: 1000ft = 300m (with the = in small font)

Comment

This is what I meant:
                              Version 1:
                              http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...-116610-ln.jpg

Version 2:
                              http://195.154.205.140/IMG_neuf/imgS...-116610-LN.jpg

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X