Updates to Rolex Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates to Rolex Daytona

I read from somewhere that this is the 50th anniversary of Rolex Daytona. Also, Rolex have recently tied up with Formula One in a sponsorship deal. Baselworld 2013 is going to be held in late April.

Does anyone feel or think that there may be updates to Rolex Daytona? Specifically, I am interested in getting the 116520 Stainless Steel Daytona. However, would prefer to hold on if an update is likely or expected.

Thanks All.

i'm seeing a lot of rumours also... it's anyone's guess really... but personally i think chances are high. after all, there was the 50th anniversary edition of the submariner
    elusive

Comment

same, i hoping for ceramic daytona to release!

http://www.watchonista.com/3559/role...will-be-platin

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
        i'm seeing a lot of rumours also... it's anyone's guess really... but personally i think chances are high. after all, there was the 50th anniversary edition of the submariner
        yes bro... tt's wat i heard too... for me, am jus concerned abt whether there will be updates to the 116520 cos tt is wat i am interested in getting...

Comment

went to an AD and was quoted s$16k for the white 116520... how's it for a deal?

asked the person if it is likely that 116520 will be updated n so on... his take was tt it is unlikely and more likely tt, if any update is to happen, rolex will jus come up wif a special version of the daytona to commemorate the 50th anniversary n so on... sounds logical?

then he said it is even better to buy first cos if 116520 is updated, the previous version will go up in value... hw true is tt?

Comment

Originally posted by cruisedenning View Post
            yes bro... tt's wat i heard too... for me, am jus concerned abt whether there will be updates to the 116520 cos tt is wat i am interested in getting...
            If not in a hurry just wait a while for baselworld announcement
            elusive

Comment

went to an AD and was quoted s$16k for the white 116520... how's it for a deal?

asked the person if it is likely that 116520 will be updated n so on... his take was tt it is unlikely and more likely tt, if any update is to happen, rolex will jus come up wif a special version of the daytona to commemorate the 50th anniversary n so on... sounds logical?

then he said it is even better to buy first cos if 116520 is updated, the previous version will go up in value... hw true is tt?
              It's anyone's guess. Well he's pitching a sales to u so take it with a pinch of salt. Anyway the price quoted to u is "around there" nothing to shout about.

I'll not rush into this if I'm still uncertain like ur case.
              elusive

Comment

If not in a hurry just wait a while for baselworld announcement
                ya la... tt's the logical thing to do... but i scared i become illogical n irrational cos the temptation too overwhelming... ha...

Comment

It's anyone's guess. Well he's pitching a sales to u so take it with a pinch of salt. Anyway the price quoted to u is "around there" nothing to shout about.

I'll not rush into this if I'm still uncertain like ur case.
                  tt's wat i feel too... i tink they all say the same thing... i asked him if got white 116520 n then he showed me n told me got customer reserved oredi but can let me hav it if i wan... haha...

trying hard to resist the temptation la, bro...

Comment

tt's wat i feel too... i tink they all say the same thing... i asked him if got white 116520 n then he showed me n told me got customer reserved oredi but can let me hav it if i wan... haha...

trying hard to resist the temptation la, bro...
                    Yes that's very often heard from sales folks. It's the lure of getting something which is perceived as highly sought after and hard to find.

Just stay away from the watch stores and stop surfing sg-roc lol.
                    elusive

Comment

Yes that's very often heard from sales folks. It's the lure of getting something which is perceived as highly sought after and hard to find.

Just stay away from the watch stores and stop surfing sg-roc lol.
                      it is going to be hard to do tt... ha...

Comment

Buy what you like, why wait?
                        Start to enjoy the watch!
                        Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
                          Buy what you like, why wait?
                          Start to enjoy the watch!
                          ya... but am jus wondering if it makes sense to wait till baselworld to find out if there is any update to 116520 then get... cos if get now n find out its updated then sian...

Comment

as with other ss sport models, the resale price of the ss daytona will go up quite abit if its discon

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                              as with other ss sport models, the resale price of the ss daytona will go up quite abit if its discon
                              really? if so, then it might be worthwhile to just get it when its available...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X