Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisions decisions..116520 or 116713LN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions decisions..116520 or 116713LN?

I'm very close to picking up my 1st Rolex watch after buying different brands..so went to check out both the watches..really like the new ceramic bezels on the new models..make the watch look bigger than 40mm..and the 2 tone really makes the GMT2 stand out..lotsa wrist presence..

However, I've been an admirer of the SS Daytona Black dial for the longest time..love the look of it but I gotta admit it's a feels a little small on my 6.75" wrist..but the look of it is just timeless..

Since both watches are in the same price range..I'm at a abit of a loss of which one to pick up..which one would you guys prefer? Wanna hear some comments before I take the plunge!

daytona!!
    buy a watch u like & please wear it......

Comment

If I can only have one watch... maybe the gmt 2c SS. Because of the date
      But If im going to wear only on special occasion, the TT.

Comment

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
        If I can only have one watch... maybe the gmt 2c SS. Because of the date
        But If im going to wear only on special occasion, the TT.
        Thanks for your reply..to be very honest..the date function is not very impt to me..although most of my watches now has that(it just happens that way! Haha!)..very seldom do I check the date from my watch..

The watch will be in a rotation with several other watches so I'll prolly wear it 2-3 days a week..

Comment

For me it's a no-brainer. Daytona the grail of course. Date is nice to have not a must for me.
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Bro... I'd really suggest for you to buy a tt sub rather than the gmt2c cos subs are more built to last cos of their water resistance and if you really need a gmt function then go for the gmt2c... But if you really likee the daytona then just get a 116523... ��
            HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
            ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
            Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
            Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
            Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
            TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
            G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
            Rolex ladies datejust
            vintage Cartier tank 18k
            TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

sooner or later you will have both

Comment

depends on how much you like yellow gold. If you like bling bling gold watches, then you would be eyeing a full yellow gold watch not long after you've bought a TT, then you may feel a little regret buying the TT.

Comment

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
                  Bro... I'd really suggest for you to buy a tt sub rather than the gmt2c cos subs are more built to last cos of their water resistance and if you really need a gmt function then go for the gmt2c... But if you really likee the daytona then just get a 116523... ��
                  I understand the comparison between the sub and GMT2 but personally I prefer the Bezel on the GMT2..and that green hand just accentuates the look a little bit more for me..as for the Daytona I've always wanted one..but the 116523 will really be pushing it..it's getting into AP money territory

Comment

Originally posted by luke ber View Post
                    sooner or later you will have both
                    I doubt it! Haha! At least not in the near future..will wanna further explore other watch makers..just that now I feel it's time I buy my 1st Rolex after so long..abit jealous that my wife has it and I don't..haha!

Comment

Originally posted by blueysmurfy View Post
                      depends on how much you like yellow gold. If you like bling bling gold watches, then you would be eyeing a full yellow gold watch not long after you've bought a TT, then you may feel a little regret buying the TT.
                      Nah full YELLOW gold will not be for me..I thot the TT will be abit lao pai for me already but the saving grace is that the bezel is still black so it's not so bad..

Comment

will go for the gmt...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X