Explorer II 216570 Chromalight appliques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer II 216570 Chromalight appliques

Hi, I just got hold of an Ex II during CNY. Was informed by the AD that it just arrived from Geneva and was the latest (series).

I understand that the Chromalight luminescence is blue in colour and is different from the green colour of the Super Luminova found in the Subs and GMTs.

Strangely, my Ex II has green luminescence similar to the Super Luminova. Any idea whether Rolex has gone back to using the Super Luminova for Ex II or is the case that the luminescence is a green Chromalight?

there's a PDF here on the Official Rolex website. Chromalight display looks blue to me.

http://www.rolex.com/sites/all/downl...XPLORER_II.pdf

Comment

Its def not green but blue chromalight display folks

Rolex owner since 2010
      Previously owned:
      Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
      GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
      Current collection:
      Datejust 36(116234) V serial
      GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
      Upcoming/Wishlist:
      "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Not much to be worried about. It may look slight green but in comparison to the older green lume used in other series, you will realize its actually blue though.

Comment

its blue for sure.... as i compare it with my brother's ceremic sub...

try "charging" it under a light source for approx. 10 sec and immediately move to a dark room... and u can observe the blue glow!!!

Comment

Mine's blue. Got it a few days ago.
            Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
            I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
            Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X