No announcement yet.

1st ever rolex watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been reading alot on the forum. Verification at $107. Most ppl recommend getting it via sg-roc and send for auth at RSC.

Just wanna ask gurus this, the latest alphanumeric series is 8digits. Rolex engraving on inner chapter ring with series number engraving.
    Am i correct?

Comment

u have a point but no sellers will part with their watches with a deposit
      if u have met such sellers let us know

Originally posted by chewraisins View Post
      Please don't take it personally, I'm just stating what I think as I am in the market for a Rolex and would like to understand how I could get the best deal too.

The usual practice would open up opportunities for genuine buyers to get cheated. As money is paid before verification is done.

The scenarios you mentioned:
      Scratched = Can negotiate with service centre for remedy (usually free polish), so would not be a big problem right?
      Damaged = If RSC damage the watch when doing verification, I would expect them to take responsibility to repair it no?
      Lost = Deal is done in RSC, if watch is lost by RSC, sure they need to account for it.
      Stolen = Deal is done in RSC, if stolen before collection, I think RSC would need to account for it.
      Robbed = Deal is done in RSC, if RSC was robbed before collection, I think RSC would need to account for it.

If seller is afraid that buyer might back out, perhaps the deposit could be amount enough to cover cost of verification / polish / transportation and what not.

I'm just saying this because pre-own shop cannot close and run easily, a cheat without a shop is much more mobile and can run away with our hard-earned money if they are out to cheat.

Cheers,
      Andrew

Comment

Well imho, if one is too afraid of anything, then best is not to buy at all! If you really must buy, then get it 1st hand from ADs to solve all your worries?

Rolex owner since 2010
        Previously owned:
        Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
        Current collection:
        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
        Upcoming/Wishlist:
        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
          Well imho, if one is too afraid of anything, then best is not to buy at all!

Comment

hi after digesting all inputs, i think i will get it via sg-roc and auth at RSC. if it is real, why dont save some $$$?
            Local AD is selling at cut throat price, yes they afford discount. I managed to get 15% off RRP. works out abt 15K.
            Shop (Gray dealers I believe) use overseas AD at ard 13.5 ~ 14K for same model.
            Forum sellers (SG-roc) selling at 12,688 (believe that is the most common stated price).

End of the day I conclude: (1) Either local AD set straight away -> No fear no trouble // OR // (2) Just purchase via forum sg-roc from some reputable sellers (selling long enough, gd comments etc) then just get it auth to be safe and a gd night sleep that u save ur bread. Either the troublefree set or forum set. makes no sense in getting from shops where they exist as a middle man.

thats what i think, no offence. Price diff work out to be estimated 2K plus. I guess auth at RSC for 107 bucks is worth it.

Rolex at europe, aust, china, india or simply batam is still rolex. As long as it is real, who cares where it comes from

Having say that, can anyone answer my qns regarding abt the AN serial number?
            -->
            Just wanna ask gurus this, the latest alphanumeric series is 8digits. Rolex engraving on inner chapter ring with series number engraving.
            Am i correct?

Comment

good homework done
              you are right on both accounts highlighted in red

get a bnib 116613 at sg12k+ direct from owner and get it authenticated at rolex center at $107
              one more happy seller aka original owner
              one more happy buyer aka new owner ie you

one less happy preown shop / gray dealer aka middleman who doesnt get the obscene profiting

that's what this forum is for - owner to owner deal, skip the middlemen

Originally posted by Jealousy View Post
              hi after digesting all inputs, i think i will get it via sg-roc and auth at RSC. if it is real, why dont save some $$$?
              Local AD is selling at cut throat price, yes they afford discount. I managed to get 15% off RRP. works out abt 15K.
              Shop (Gray dealers I believe) use overseas AD at ard 13.5 ~ 14K for same model.
              Forum sellers (SG-roc) selling at 12,688 (believe that is the most common stated price).

End of the day I conclude: (1) Either local AD set straight away -> No fear no trouble // OR // (2) Just purchase via forum sg-roc from some reputable sellers (selling long enough, gd comments etc) then just get it auth to be safe and a gd night sleep that u save ur bread. Either the troublefree set or forum set. makes no sense in getting from shops where they exist as a middle man.

thats what i think, no offence. Price diff work out to be estimated 2K plus. I guess auth at RSC for 107 bucks is worth it.

Rolex at europe, aust, china, india or simply batam is still rolex. As long as it is real, who cares where it comes from

Having say that, can anyone answer my qns regarding abt the AN serial number?
              -->
              Am i correct?
              Last edited by skydweller_sg; 22-02-13, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jealousy View Post
                ...(2) Just purchase via forum sg-roc from some reputable sellers (selling long enough, gd comments etc) then just get it auth to be safe and a gd night sleep that u save ur bread....
                I have done many deals with original owners for items from bicycles to cameras to lenses. This will be my first time dealing such big ticket item.. that is why I'm being more "cautious".
                Definitely agree with you that it's best to deal with reputable sellers as you mentioned..

Cheers,
                Andrew

Comment

Thanks guys! I still still searching for my model. Been talking to a few. Some are dated back sets. Still considering as well. Hope i can join u all rolex family soon!

Comment

i like the green sum more

Comment

It doesnt matter which model you buy 1st, coz you will wana buy the other model and another and another...
                      It happens to most of us...

Gd luck with your seach and enjoy the watch

Comment

Yup, always do ur homework/legwork/handwork, etc 1st b4 committing ur hard earned $$$. The end result is really GREAT! Btw, u won't stop at one watch/rolex as it's a highly additive hobby lolz!

Rolex owner since 2010
                        Previously owned:
                        Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                        Current collection:
                        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                        Upcoming/Wishlist:
                        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse