• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st ever rolex watch

Hi i am really excited in getting my first rolex

1 model, 2 different colors.

1) Submariner steel with date 116610LN

2) Submariner steel with yellow gold with black dial 116613LN

which is a better buy? i have no ideas where to go to any shop selling overseas AD so i m thinking of getting it locally.

latest price respectively: $11120, $17560. Correct me if im wrong.

Any one can advise which is gd?

Both are equally good. Boils down to your preference.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

From my experiences, 116613LN will seek more attention on the wrist than 116610LN.

Comment

116610ln is better as a daily beater considering the polished center links are a scratch magnet

saw gray dealers in sgroc selling the 116610ln bnib at sg$9,500 and the 116613ln bnib at sg$12,000 (oversea ADs)
        local ADs would give about 0% to 5% off 116610ln (sg$10,500), and 15% to 20% for 116613ln (sg$14,000)

Originally posted by Jealousy View Post
        Hi i am really excited in getting my first rolex

1 model, 2 different colors.

1) Submariner steel with date 116610LN

2) Submariner steel with yellow gold with black dial 116613LN

which is a better buy? i have no ideas where to go to any shop selling overseas AD so i m thinking of getting it locally.

latest price respectively: $11120, $17560. Correct me if im wrong.

Any one can advise which is gd?

Comment

go with your heart and which looks better on your wrist.....ditch the resale value aside. Good Luck on your hunt!
          The next piece....

Comment

hi all

thanks for all your advice. just wanna ask a very noob qns. the "half gold" is polished while the steel is matt? meaning the gold color will scratch easily?

I doubt i will wear it daily. my work require me to be onsite during proj. so i will wear it when (1) meeting cilents and not going site that day, (2) weekends with friends/family

what u all suggest? i m concerned abt the maintainence. scared it will scared easily. Just to side track alittle, gmt2 looks good in steel. perhaps i can save up for it as a beater watch. my daily beater now is those fashion watches ( ea, dkny, gshocks ).

a friend of mine just got this gmt2 in "half gold". it looks impressive and i decided to get one to pamper myself.
            so guys do pour ur advice in!

thanks so much !

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
              The polished part can be easily scratch and scratches are character. You will learn to love it. Go for 116613LN.
              thanks for ur help bro. in short whatever that is gold are all polished (scratches prone)?, correct me if im wrong

Anyone went to Brightime @ bencoolen to purchase their rolex babies (overseas AD)? just check with my friend, he got it there. Any kind reviews or inputs will be appreciated at this shop.

Lastly, if i need to auth the watch from overseas AD at local RSC, what is the price and do the techicians dismantle all parts to verify or just plainly looking?

Sorry for all this qns. Is my first ever expensive watch, wanna do some research before diving in. Scared got cheated (new watch case, bracelet. Old movements part) things like this. Some stories i heard before.

This local forum rolex garage there are selling ppl rolex too. Im sure some of the gurus here purchase before. So im wondering if it is safe to deal it online.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
                The polished part can be easily scratch and scratches are character. You will learn to love it. Go for 116613LN.
                Hi, so just to cfm all the gold parts are scratches prone?

Anyone got any reviews on getting from shops dealing with local AD? My friend purchase his at Brightime @ Bencoolen. Was wondering any bros here purchase from there as well.

Did a search thru this forum. (update i cant post url yets)

SGROC got ppl selling @ 12,688 and 12,500 respectively.

Wondering if this 2 are good to go?

Latest series for this model includ: "Rolex" words engraving on inner bezel and also has a alphanumeric serial number. <---- AM I CORRECT? I need a answer from gurus!

Thank! Will be checking freq to this post. So kindly do help! Really a noob in on this. All my knowledge is based on google info.

Comment

buying in this forum is generally rather safe
                  if in doubt, just get the watch verified at service centers
                  why would you want to buy from any preown shop, knowing they take in used watches at 30 to 50% of the retail prices, only to mark up another 20-30% of their take in price, before displaying in their stores for sale?

most watches sold by direct owners in this forum meet at the middle ground, ie between the preown shops take in price and the preown shops selling price
                  that way both buyer and seller skip the middlemen and the unnecessary profiting

Sorry for all this qns. Is my first ever expensive watch, wanna do some research before diving in. Scared got cheated (new watch case, bracelet. Old movements part) things like this. Some stories i heard before.

This local forum rolex garage there are selling ppl rolex too. Im sure some of the gurus here purchase before. So im wondering if it is safe to deal it online.

Comment

hi so in short, if wanna get from shops. Get from local AD (hourglass, sincere etc)

if i want it at a lower price, online deal @ sg-roc rolex garage is the way to go? i just call up RSC, auth takes 1 day, only can collect the next day @ $107. i am okay to pay. Just wondering why some ppl say deal at RSC then cod. means the watch will be there for 1 day before dealing?

Lastly, any reputable forum bros can u all recommend?

Comment

usual practice is buyer pay the full sum to seller, then send the watch to service center for verification
                      notice in this case, the buyer becomes the owner of the watch before sending in for verification
                      this practice applies if you buy from any preown shops

if the watch is verified 100% genuine and no scratch given as 'free gift' by service center, buyer pay for verification fee and both buyer and seller happy

if watch verified genuine but service center caused scratches to it, it is buyer's bad luck because he chose to send it to be verified, in this case, buyer pay for verification fee and negotiate with service center for remedy (usually free polish). seller has no responsibility at all

if watch verified fake, then buyer has every right to claim full refund + verification fee from seller

i just call up RSC, auth takes 1 day, only can collect the next day @ $107. i am okay to pay. Just wondering why some ppl say deal at RSC then cod. means the watch will be there for 1 day before dealing?

Comment

But if verified fake.. and seller does not turn up or refund? Buyer will be on losing end.
                        Wouldn't the following be win-win?
                        Buyer pay some deposit.. Watch is sent in for verification.. Confirmed genuine.. Buyer pay balance & verification fee & collect watch.

Cheers,
                        Andrew

Comment

notice the verification is not a seller's request; seller does not deny the authenticity of the item at the pont of sales
                          but buyer doubt this claim and make request for verification

if buyer paid some deposit and send the watch to service center, after the verification, the watch is scratched or damaged, or worse, lost or stolen or robbed - does buyer continue to pay the balance to the seller or buyer can choose to back out of the deal?

no seller (preown shops, gray dealers, owners of watch alike) will part with his/her watch without full payment by buyer

if it is verified fake, then the seller has no where to hide as it will be a police case
                          selling fakes is illegal - the buyer has every right to recover all losses

Originally posted by chewraisins View Post
                          But if verified fake.. and seller does not turn up or refund? Buyer will be on losing end.
                          Wouldn't the following be win-win?
                          Buyer pay some deposit.. Watch is sent in for verification.. Confirmed genuine.. Buyer pay balance & verification fee & collect watch.

Cheers,
                          Andrew
                          Last edited by skydweller_sg; 21-02-13, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Please don't take it personally, I'm just stating what I think as I am in the market for a Rolex and would like to understand how I could get the best deal too.

The usual practice would open up opportunities for genuine buyers to get cheated. As money is paid before verification is done.

The scenarios you mentioned:
                            Scratched = Can negotiate with service centre for remedy (usually free polish), so would not be a big problem right?
                            Damaged = If RSC damage the watch when doing verification, I would expect them to take responsibility to repair it no?
                            Lost = Deal is done in RSC, if watch is lost by RSC, sure they need to account for it.
                            Stolen = Deal is done in RSC, if stolen before collection, I think RSC would need to account for it.
                            Robbed = Deal is done in RSC, if RSC was robbed before collection, I think RSC would need to account for it.

If seller is afraid that buyer might back out, perhaps the deposit could be amount enough to cover cost of verification / polish / transportation and what not.

I'm just saying this because pre-own shop cannot close and run easily, a cheat without a shop is much more mobile and can run away with our hard-earned money if they are out to cheat.

Cheers,
                            Andrew

Comment

Hi

I am new. I joined to research cos I wan to buy a Rolex, too.

Saw a good deal offer by Evo30.

I need to place a deposit before he would import the watch few days later.

Would like to know any one here has deal with him? Trustworthy?

Many tx in advance

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X