Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy now or wait????

Friends,

I am first timer looking to buy YM 116622 (blue) and i have couple of questions for the experts here.

1. Buy now or wait for 2013 collection?
    2. If wait for 2013 collection then how much price increase we can expect?
    3. If buy now then which shops offer the best discount (talking about AD's)?
    4. I am flying soon so is it cheaper overall to buy from Airport?

Thanks

called up couple of AD's and they seem to be offering less then 5% discount citing reasons that this model is new blah blah blah....can someone advice which AD is the best in offering the discount...

Comment

wah 29 over views and no response....come on people help a rookie.....thanks in advance

Comment

1. Now cos price will only increase & it's already a 2012 Basel World release watch, so 2013 or at least in the near future won't see any new YM coming out from Rolex.
        2. Typically 3-7% price increase is common for most rolex models.
        3. You'll need to do some leg work & hunt for the best deal/offer from the ADs.
        4. Unless ADs are offering little <7% or no disc, then buy from Duty Free at airport.
        Hint: Most ADs r willing 2 give more disc if u r a sincere buyer & pay in full/cash. Duty Free at airports may save on tax but no bargaining!

Rolex owner since 2010
        Previously owned:
        Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
        Current collection:
        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
        Upcoming/Wishlist:
        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
          1. Now cos price will only increase & it's already a 2012 Basel World release watch, so 2013 or at least in the near future won't see any new YM coming out from Rolex.
          2. Typically 3-7% price increase is common for most rolex models.
          3. You'll need to do some leg work & hunt for the best deal/offer from the ADs.
          4. Unless ADs are offering little <7% or no disc, then buy from Duty Free at airport.
          Hint: Most ADs r willing 2 give more disc if u r a sincere buyer & pay in full/cash. Duty Free at airports may save on tax but no bargaining!
          Thanks Matty,

One more question, usually when the price are increased in the year? asking because my friend can claim GST but he will only be coming 2 month later so need to wait for that long. Looks the like best deal would be to get GST refund and get whatever discount i can squeeze from the dealer but the only issue would be that i will get the use the watch maybe a year later when i go visit that friend :-)

Comment

Hi pda_lover,

YM 116622 blue hue dial is very appealing, have u seen the real thing yet?

It is true that certain models are very popular.
            Especially Rolex Sports models, many are on a waitlist all the time.
            Unless u are prepared to pay a premium above the retail price, u'll probably need to wait for your watch to arrive.
            Hence, if u are looking for good deals for such a new model, your question whether to 'buy now or wait' becomes irrelevant.

The question really is which AD has the watch in stock at the time u decide to buy.
            So, no discounts for new models is also true.
            And rolex usually revise their prices after the BaselWorld exhibition, the last increase was in June 2012.
            Sometimes price revision more than once a year, no consistency

Although YM 116622 (blue dial) is a 2012 model, i had to wait till Dec2012 before i can get my hands on one from an overseas AD, which i am now a proud owner of my first YM

There are many forum threads on the guides to buy rolex, local and overseas.
            Have a look, they are very good guides.
            Happy hunting!
            Last edited by PorkyPig; 31-01-13, 11:55 PM.
            Rolex TT Daytona, White Dial (116523, V Series)
            Rolex SS GMT IIc (116710, alphanumeric Series)
            Rolex DeepSea_SeaDweller (116660, G Series)
            Rolex Submariner Green Hulk (116610LV, alphanumeric Series)
            Rolex Yachtmaster Blue (116622, alphanumeric Series)
            Panerai Pam320 O
            Brietling Aerospace Titanium Black Dial.
            Brietling Chronospace SS Blue Dial.

Comment

I walked around today looking for blue YM and found 1 piece however when compared with platinum side by side Both myself and wifey thought that the platinum looks better then blue. I am getting 10% discount on platinum, could someone help me guide how much more can i try to squeeze the AD?

Comment

Was told prices can increase anytime soon, and expected price hikes usually come in February and April.

Comment

Buy now enjoy now and is cheaper before price hike.

Buy later, you may continue waiting as the price increases every year. You will end up not buying.

If you have the intention to buy, what is stopping you from buying and enjoying now?
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                  A Crown for Every Achievement
                  Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

I would buy now as what most bro said, will only become more expensive when u buy later.

Comment

buy now... after basel 2013, buy again!

Comment

I would say wait.

Comment

prices go up all the time

best to buy before the next anticipated increase

Comment

maybe can wait for someone to sell it under LNIB

Comment

value of the money getting smaller... watches getting more ex.... discounts getting lesser...premium on new release getting higher...
                              so... what do you think?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X