Submariner or GMT-II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billabonkers View Post
    Thanks for the useful info! May i also ask if the green lume for GMT or blue lume for sub is "brighter"? and how long does these lume lasts in the dark before they fade out?
    To me, the brightness is almost the same. Green looks sharper while blue seen more pleasing to the eyes. As for how long the glow last, see this article:

http://kronometric.org/article/lume/

Comment

Very helpful and informative posts by fellow bros to guide TS.

The second timezone is very useful if you travel frequently.
      It can be a pain setting it to the right date if you don't wear it regularly (but of course you can use a winder).

Go try both and get the one that sings to you!!

Good luck!!
      Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

I think the Sub is more straight forward then the GMT. Telling thru experirnce as I have to do it for my wife aft note wearing for 2 days or so.
        Haha. Good luck

Comment

Depending if you have any use for their functions. If you do not have any direct need,then go for the look that is more pleasing to you. GMT more bling bling while sub is more casual and rugged looking.

Both are nice

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
            Very helpful and informative posts by fellow bros to guide TS.

The second timezone is very useful if you travel frequently.
            It can be a pain setting it to the right date if you don't wear it regularly (but of course you can use a winder).

Go try both and get the one that sings to you!!

Good luck!!
            Agree. Without the quick date feature, its troublesome to set. The GMT function is indeed useful for frequent travellers. Often I cannot remember how many hours forward or backward to home time and keep missing datelines or teleconference times. No such problems now. :-D

Comment

I think the clasp of 2 models are different as well?

Comment

The GMT has the easylink whereas the Submariner has the glidelock which has more of a micro adjustment and for some people its more useful to use on a daily basis.

Comment

seems that this topic is ever popular. The sub has a thicker caseback, hence it gives me the illusion of its dial being larger than the GMT as it protrudes a bit more when worn on the wrist.

Not only for diving, you can use it to time anything you like e.g. how late your partner is for appointment, how long you've been waiting for the mrt/bus/cab etc.

I think the GMT is still rather easy to set.

Both watches have their own rich history and vintage models to keep you interested

Comment

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
                    The GMT has the easylink whereas the Submariner has the glidelock which has more of a micro adjustment and for some people its more useful to use on a daily basis.
                    Adding further, in order to house the glide lock function, the clasp length of the Sub C is about 1 link size longer than the GMT 2C. I think this may make it slightly uncomfortable for wearers with smaller wrist diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by blueysmurfy View Post
                      seems that this topic is ever popular. The sub has a thicker caseback, hence it gives me the illusion of its dial being larger than the GMT as it protrudes a bit more when worn on the wrist.
                      The Sub C's case back is thicker (in order to achieve 300m). However, the case of the Sub C is thinner than the GMT 2C (I think it's to house the GMT function). This might might be another contributing factor why the crown of the Sub C looks bigger than the GMT 2C. Kinda like the Toyota Altis (no offence to Toyota owners), the cabin looks spacious because the seats are smaller.....IMHO.

Comment

But the Sub crown is definitely bigger than the GMT II crown!!
                        Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

I prefer Sub than GMT. If you often travel then GMT will be better.
                          Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. (Thomas Jefferson)

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
                            But the Sub crown is definitely bigger than the GMT II crown!!
                            No lah. Sub C's crown looking bigger is an illusion. Both are triplock with 7mm diameter. Just to be sure, I just measured them. ;-)

Comment

poison poison poison...

add Deepsea to that ;0)

Comment

The DSSD is massive and for some people it looks really awkward on the wrist and hence lots of people tend to sell it soon afterwards.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X