Submariner or GMT-II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submariner or GMT-II

Hihi... this might have been asked a thousand times, so please be patient with me. i'm considering either of these 2 models, but can't really tell what's the difference between the 2. i mean i know GMT-II tells a second time zone, and the markings on the bezel is slightly different. But is one better than the other? they both look so similar.

Looks may be similar from afar but they are different watches and designed for different purpose in mind.

Submariner is a diver's watch, thus has a diver's unidirectional rotating bezel. Water resistance rated to be 300m and it has a triple lock crown. it uses the Calibre 3135 movement. Total 3 hands and can be with our without date complication. The no-date version uses the Calibre 3130 movement.

GMT II is a pilot's watch, thus has a bi-directional 24-hour rotating bezel, 24-hour hand. Total 4 hands with date complication. Water resistance is rated 100m although it also has the triple lock crown. It uses the Calibre 3186 movement.

One is not better than the other. Obviously you are basing your judgment on looks only.

Comment

Just go for whichever shines on ur wrist if u don't need the functions of it.
      [SIZE=5][COLOR="#008000"][FONT=Century Gothic]Rolex[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000FF"]AN[/COLOR]-series 116613 [COLOR="#0000FF"]LB[/COLOR]
      AN-series 116713 LN
      [B]G[/B]-series 116710 LN
      [B][COLOR="#2e8b57"]M[/COLOR][/B]-series 16610 [COLOR="#2e8b57"]LV[/COLOR]
      [B][COLOR="#2e8b57"]G[/COLOR][/B]-series 116610 [COLOR="#2e8b57"]LV[/COLOR]

Comment

It would look somewhat similar from afar....

Comment

I think the GMT II is more common than the submariner? many more people has it

Comment

sub is rolex most popular sports watch. but, GMT has its own fan base. i like both

Comment

Go with your heart
              There is a thread in this forum about which of this 2 models to choose if can select only 1. Think so far GMT 2C is leading marginally.
              Fyi, was at vivo city just now and my wife asked why so many people she saw are wearing black bezel black face Rolex watches? She can't tell if they are GMTs or Subs. To her they look the same. I told her that's the same I feel about bags from the same brand. Lol!

Comment

anyone can advise if the lume for both watches differ? or is it the same?
                if better is possible, good is not enough

Comment

Originally posted by Billabonkers View Post
                  anyone can advise if the lume for both watches differ? or is it the same?
                  Different. GMT is green lume. Sub is blue.

Comment

I got no idea about the numbers to the calibre movement, does that mean that Calibre 3135 movement is more advance than Calibre 3130 movement?
                    ANyone can enlighten this?

Comment

I prefer submariner coz easier to set the date.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeCheung View Post
                        I got no idea about the numbers to the calibre movement, does that mean that Calibre 3135 movement is more advance than Calibre 3130 movement?
                        ANyone can enlighten this?
                        I believe the Calibers 3130 and 3135 are basically the same, except that one comes with the date (3135). So those models w/o the date like the older Explorer 1 (114270) and Submariner ND (14060M) used the Cal. 3130. Whereas those models with dates, ie the Datejust models and Submariner (16610) used the Cal. 3135.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by jasper View Post
                          I think the GMT II is more common than the submariner? many more people has it
                          I would say I see more people wearing the black Submariner than the GMT. The sub is everywhere. Lol.

The diver's bezel probably "look" more pleasing aesthetically than the 24-hour bezel on the GMT. But if you are not into diving, I don't think you have any use for it except for aesthetic reason. Compared with the GMT, the 4th hand and the bezel are used to indicate time in the 2nd and 3rd time zone. Probably will be of some use for more people.

Comment

Pefer sub for it clean look, especially the bezel. Sub hold a better resale value too.

Comment

Originally posted by P88 View Post
                              Different. GMT is green lume. Sub is blue.
                              Thanks for the useful info! May i also ask if the green lume for GMT or blue lume for sub is "brighter"? and how long does these lume lasts in the dark before they fade out?
                              if better is possible, good is not enough

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X