No announcement yet.

Sub vs explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at "valuable" for a personal utility standpoint I prefer the sub as I like and frequently use the rotating bezel. The Explorer II does not offer this feature; and moreover I don't use the GMT function much. However, I do like the newer Explorer II with a bigger diameter and would own one to obtain variety in daily wear.

Comment

I'm not sure what "value" TS is looking for (most probably financial I guess )

I had bought, used and sold a number of Subs (pre ceramic, black and LV) and all found their new owners very quickly. Sub is very popular and financial wise, holds its value well.

Actually I have been Sub-less for 2-3years till I acquired a 16618 recently.

But in terms of value in my heart, its my Exp II polar (I call her Snow White )!
      I have been with her for around 10years and the thought of selling her has never cross my mind.
      Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by PO8500 View Post
        +1 for Submariner for its versatility and durability
        Can be worn for sport, casual and formal attire
        slim enough to be worn under your cuffs..and the Subs holds better resale value over time

you cant be wrong with Subbie..
        Agreed , but how about GMT 2 , recently notice there is more demand on it , especially when the new blue & black launch ? The one with green needle is increasing popular . Any comments ??

For every minute, the future is becoming the past.

Very interesting when i saw this quote :

Planning ahead is a measure of class.
        The rich and even the middle class plan for future generations,
        but the poor can plan ahead only a few weeks or days.
        Gloria Steinem

If you fail to plan,
        You plan to fail.

Comment

Def sub. It's timeless!

Comment

If have the $. Get both.

I have Sub, GMT, SD, Explorer (black dial). Not all edition of course. Next is DSSD. I like sports model. Got a AP Diver recently.

Comment

I`ve just bought a 2nd hand Explorer ll / 16570-F / Bk.
              I know is not the best price in the 2nd hand market, but is the best conditions I ever seen.
              To me, the value of the watch is in my heart and how much I love it. Not the resale value.

If you are lucky, buy scarp metal also can make money.
              If you are unlucky, buy gold also can lose money.

Submariner : Too common, too many model, too many in the market, too many brands selling the same design eg. Seiko, Sandoz, AerisGold, Orion and ...................... .

Explorer ll : I vote for this because I just bought it !!!
              Only Black or White and nothing else, straight forward.
              See from far, you know is gona be a Rolex. See from near, I see until my eye ball drop still duno.

Nothing wrong with Explorer ll cos I own it !!!

:-)

Comment

That's what really puzzles me too.

I have, through observing the marketplace in this forum, seen how quickly the subs move and how well they hold their prices.

But specs wise, Explorer ii 42mm is so much more superior, with a brand new movement, GMT function and 42mm! I see it as a combination of the good stuff adopted from the other models under the Rolex brand.

But i suppose it's also because of demand and supply - too many explorers are flooding the market......

Comment

well said derick. for sure u wont regret ur buy. both sub and explorer are equally good. however, explorer still win a higher place in my heart, imo

Comment

thinking of the Explorer II as a 2nd slight dressier watch to compliment my DSSD...

but Daytona looks not bad too... but pricier.. hmmm :P

Comment

Thks terry79,

The only thing I "regret" is, I should have bought it earlier.

Comment

I'm starting to get hooked on the white explorer 2. Wife also bugging me to buy so she can wear lol.
                        elusive

Comment

Buy 2.

One White and one black, make them a couple.

Comment

submarine is more value for $

Comment

hunting for a used explorer II polar, what's a reasonable price for a 16570 and used newer 42mm models?

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                                I'm starting to get hooked on the white explorer 2. Wife also bugging me to buy so she can wear lol.
                                huh lucky, wife isn't taken with the explorer II, bugging to buy an Omega GMT instead...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X