The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Simply just amazing bro.... thx for sharing

Comment

wow. nice. congrats.

Comment

nice watch.
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

very swee....daytona my next target
            rolex boy
            GMTIIc v series
            pam233 k series
            next......

Comment

I never like the Daytona , always thought it is over price but lately it started glowing on me and when I saw this piece at PK, I just had to make a "proposal".

Agree it is a hasty decision but I believe this one will be a fairly tale ending, Muhahahaha.

Once again thanks for the blessings.

Comment

Daytona 16520 Zenith Movement (Any Expert?)

just bought a Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 16520 Zenith Movement.
                anyone here is expert of movement? no obligation. just comment what you think.

IWC Big Inginieur 7 Days Black Dial - IW500505 (Year 2011)
                https://p.twimg.com/AnKcXQtCEAIECRA.jpg:large
                https://p.twimg.com/AnU-4hvCQAIfZ1x.jpg:large
                https://p.twimg.com/AnU_L4rCMAIUdbD.jpg:large
                https://p.twimg.com/AnVAMDQCQAA_qUa.jpg:large
                Rolex Daytona Cosmograph U Series Black Dial - 16520 (Year 1997)
                https://p.twimg.com/AoMbePuCEAIsEEF.jpg:large
                https://p.twimg.com/AoMdcF2CQAEKQi7.jpg:large
                https://p.twimg.com/AoL5SW2CQAAIpIO.jpg:large
                https://p.twimg.com/AoL5a3tCEAElqTO.jpg:large

Comment

Daytona Zenith

First off, i would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year.
                  This is my first ever post on the forum and would like to get opinions and thoughts on Daytona with Zenith Movements, namely 16520.
                  What are your thoughts on the value of collecting these watches and also any particular series that is more sought after?

Cheers

Comment

Highly desirable and collectible. A good condition piece can fetch even higher than the newer 116520 daytona!

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                      First off, i would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year.
                      This is my first ever post on the forum and would like to get opinions and thoughts on Daytona with Zenith Movements, namely 16520.
                      What are your thoughts on the value of collecting these watches and also any particular series that is more sought after?
                      Cheers
                      I have a 'U' series and it's my workday watch.

Collectibility - I recall the days when even a 'common' 16520 goes for around S$17-20k but for such common pieces, you can probably get a piece in reasonable condition with b&p for around S$12-S$15k now.
                      The more collectible pieces e.g. patrizzi dial, the inverted 6, the porcelain dial, the 'floaters' etc still command a certain premium (not as high as before) but their value is only realised if there is a willing buyer for the willing seller, and there are not many collectors/ hobbyists who appreciate the distinctive features of such pieces and who are willing to pay such prices. You may be willing to pay high for such 'collectible' pieces but when you sell, you may find that your potential buyers are not willing to pay.

Colour of the dial - black vs white. Somehow, in Europe/ USA, the white dial tend to be seen as being sporty, while in Asia, the black enjoys that label. Blacks are generally rarer than the whites so if you can, get a black if you do not actually prefer the white over the black dial. One downside to the black dial is that you cannot read the time easily as the hands merge into the dial; at night, forget about reading off it.

116520 - another option to consider is the 16520's successor, the 116520. In terms of movements, there are claims that the 116520 is in fact superior to the 16520. I pass over the 116520 simply because I find them too bling bling and the 16520 (black or while) just look better.

You may want to read this http://doubleredseadweller.com/watch-info/daytona/ for a general idea of the model.

Have fun!

Ender
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post

Collectibility - I recall the days when even a 'common' 16520 goes for around S$17-20k but for such common pieces, you can probably get a piece in reasonable condition with b&p for around S$12-S$15k now.
                        The more collectible pieces e.g. patrizzi dial, the inverted 6, the porcelain dial, the 'floaters' etc still command a certain premium (not as high as before) but their value is only realised if there is a willing buyer for the willing seller, and there are not many collectors/ hobbyists who appreciate the distinctive features of such pieces and who are willing to pay such prices. You may be willing to pay high for such 'collectible' pieces but when you sell, you may find that your potential buyers are not willing to pay.

Colour of the dial - black vs white. Somehow, in Europe/ USA, the white dial tend to be seen as being sporty, while in Asia, the black enjoys that label. Blacks are generally rarer than the whites so if you can, get a black if you do not actually prefer the white over the black dial. One downside to the black dial is that you cannot read the time easily as the hands merge into the dial; at night, forget about reading off it.

116520 - another option to consider is the 16520's successor, the 116520. In terms of movements, there are claims that the 116520 is in fact superior to the 16520. I pass over the 116520 simply because I find them too bling bling and the 16520 (black or while) just look better.

You may want to read this http://doubleredseadweller.com/watch-info/daytona/ for a general idea of the model.

Have fun!

Ender
                        Agree wholeheartedly..very well said..

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post

Have fun!

Ender
                          Agreed!

i personally am very inclined in getting a 16520, even if common ones are going for slightly higher than a 116520, there is just something about the feel of the Zenith Daytonas that i prefer to the modern one, they look so alike but feel so different!

As for rarer versions, i am highly cautious of paying the kind of premiums that sellers are asking for them, a quick search on the internet for Patrizzi Dials would cost around SGD20k with porcelain dials easily double that, however all that said, who knows how much these would rise in the coming years.......

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X