Would you buy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy it?

if you already own a submariner...would you still get the seadweller or GMT?

If you really do get the other one....then which one will get the most wrist time??? honestly i think either 2 of these watches looks too close and somehow defeats the purpose of being a 'watch collector'.

Any feedback is welcome...THANKS ALL
    Watches kept for the next generation...
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Sinn U1

can always get a daytona...look diff yet sport model oso...lol....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

but what if your budget is 10k and below???? would you rather get...errr...lets say IWC or Omega etc instead???

what makes a good watch collector? a person who collects alot of watches with high resale value or watches they love with low resale value??
      Omega Speedmaster Date
      Sinn U1

Comment

hehehe..for me i buy wad i like to wear on my wrist..if 10 yrs down the road i manage to sell off at a profit i take it as a bonus...if lose money then dun sell lor...hahaha
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post

If you really do get the other one....then which one will get the most wrist time??? honestly i think either 2 of these watches looks too close and somehow defeats the purpose of being a 'watch collector'.

seadweller,no. gmt yes. both sub & SD r diving watches???

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
          can always get a daytona...look diff yet sport model oso...lol....
          u r out of point becos daytona is diff, look and function

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
          hehehe..for me i buy wad i like to wear on my wrist..if 10 yrs down the road i manage to sell off at a profit i take it as a bonus...if lose money then dun sell lor...hahaha
          good talk

Comment

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
            Sub vs SD vs GMT - never did understand reason for the release of these 2 which are so identical so I wld get the GMT first.
            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
            three times is enemy action and
            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
            ."

Comment

What differentiate them are their functions. These are "tool" watches built for use by specific professions. SD is for deep sea divers and GMT was initially created for airline pilots.

Comment

I owe a sub date; and I see no reason for adding a SD or a sub nd ot my collection. I see the SD as an "overkill" in terms of dive depth. More so, in the case of the DSSD, which is an overengineered watch.

However, having owned a sub date, I would own a GMT. Functionally, it is different and it has it own following and iconic status, distinct from the Sub. I hope that eventually, the new ceramic bezel GMT will see a return to the coke and pepsi bezel. This will certain add to its appeal.

Comment

Hi bros,

Pardon my views. No offence, Sub lovers out there... Please, it's just my humble opinion. Please don't take offence.

Although both Submariner and SD belongs to sea watches, but both are different in quite a few ways. I have a submariner LV, but recently, I still got myself a SD. (A very very happy man now..., not as happy as when I got my Sub LV.. Hahahaha..)

The looks on SD is different from Sub. Submariner is loud, yet SD is so simple, but yet so elegant. I'm wearing my SD everyday since the day I got it. My Sub now sits in my watch winder, moving, moving, moving...... (So lonely..., but no choice, SD is so pretty that I couldn't leave my home without it...)

GMT Master II C or Daytona is next on my list, but this is not gonna be realised until end of this year. Hahahaha...

Hoshi8 bro, hope this help....
                  Best regards,
                  Merlin Grand

Comment

submariner too loud??? is it becos of the cyclops??? other than that...its almost identical to the SD!!

well....perhaps i might get the GMT II....however...as a pure collecting junk watches guy that i am.....i most probably will get a different brand watch...

Omega Speedmaster Date
                    Sinn U1

Comment

there is another difference between the Sub Date and Sea Dweller which is the helium valve. with this, the watch will definitely survive if enter chamber, not sure if the sub date will survive.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

sure kaput

Comment

LV subbie & SD are somewhat different in appearance. of the two, i prefer the greenie for personal reasons.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

Hey mate !!

Now you have sub (diver), You may want to go for GMT (Pilot), and the very next one should be Exp II (Speolo-logist.)... Hee Hee.... A complete set... No fret mate.... just put them on and see which one makes your heart beat faster, that'll be the one...

Comment

Own both a regular Sub-Date & a SD and love both of them. To me, both of these watches are excellent tool watches and share fairly similar in designs (except thickness, helium valve, cyclop, etc.) ... Personally, I certainly don't see the regular Sub-Date as flashy or loud ...
                              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X