Tudor Daytona with Rolex Crown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tudor Daytona with Rolex Crown?

Hi, just saw this watch on e-bay... would like to know ... how far is this watch compared to the Rolex Daytona??? Since they look like they share some parts.

Any links or pictures?

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
    Hi, just saw this watch on e-bay... would like to know ... how far is this watch compared to the Rolex Daytona??? Since they look like they share some parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      Any links or pictures?
      Hope this works: http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Rolex-TUDOR-D...3286.m63.l1177

Since c so many bros have lobangs to change parts, what if we change the Rolex dial into this Tudor....viola!!! instant change to Rolex Daytona???

Comment

The more collectible ones are the 79170, 79180 and 79190 Tudor Oysterdate Chronos. (Not the Prince Date Chronos)

These come with the big block case and Rolex crown, case back and oyster bracelet. Only negative thing is the movement is ETA 7750 modified by Tudor.

Comment

Ha ha ha.... I have that watch too!!!

Not to worry, they do share parts during those days....

Hope this works: http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Rolex-TUDOR-D...3286.m63.l1177

Since c so many bros have lobangs to change parts, what if we change the Rolex dial into this Tudor....viola!!! instant change to Rolex Daytona???

Comment

Come to think of it...I wouldn't mind a daily wear 'Tudor-converted-Rolex' Daytona.

Oh yah...notice other differences...lens with cyclops, bracelet with Tudor logo, case back....but at about 1/3 of the list price of Rolex...hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              Ha ha ha.... I have that watch too!!!

Not to worry, they do share parts during those days....
              Very funny...yet you asked for pics or links...hidden in a corner for too long u can't remember?

Comment

Cos you mentioned the word "ebay"... they sell everything, when I said "everything", I really mean EVERYTHING....

Very funny...yet you asked for pics or links...hidden in a corner for too long u can't remember?

Comment

I c ... anyway do you think or know if the 'conversion' I mentioned is possible?

Comment

Check this out and tell me whether is it possible...

Comment

Aiyah...chrono at diff positions....so I guess not possible

Comment

Correct! Unless you change the movement, change the dial, change the....
                        but what for??

It is a very nice watch. I wear it with pride and joy, just like wearing my 116520!

Comment

Tudor got date. Rolex got no date... How to switch dial ? Somemore got cyclops... Imagine dial changed cyclops on the position without date.... or imagine Rolex Daytona with date... (maybe the new model....!!)

Comment

Besides all these technical complications, the other issue is finding someone who'll do it for you. For sure RSC won't.

Comment

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
                              The more collectible ones are the 79170, 79180 and 79190 Tudor Oysterdate Chronos. (Not the Prince Date Chronos)

These come with the big block case and Rolex crown, case back and oyster bracelet. Only negative thing is the movement is ETA 7750 modified by Tudor.
                              I owned a 79160 - white dial. Heard some called it "pre tiger" & some called it "fat lady" becos of the thickness. Guess it is hard to find nowsaday.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X