No announcement yet.

Opinion : sub date or sub no date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im into the cyclops thingy too..kind of like a rolex identity..
    Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
    I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
    Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Comment

IMO,sub with date for steel. ND goes well with rubber strap.

Comment

Sub ND it's how the rolex submariner was born...

Comment

Originally posted by doozy2708 View Post
          should i get sub date or sub nd? can please advise. thanks
          Actually, its own preference for this question & IMO, I will get it with a date

Comment

sub date

Comment

Both SE (whom I bought from) and I was standing in front of the display and negotiating the discount for the Sub D and ND. I was aiming at the ND. Clean look n no need to bother with adjusting the date. A gentleman walk in and tried both watches and the explorer2 (black). Within 10 minutes, he bought the only Sub D.

Left the ND for me to try on which I am aiming for. However, when I try it on, it gives me the impression that it looks plain. Well, the SE managed to get another Sub D from another branch for me to try on and compare. In the end, bought the Sub D.

So, 2 Sub D within an hour. The cyclop do make a different.

Comment

Lol, simple... if you need the date, buy it with date, else forget about it.. Just like daytona no date but so many peeps wearing it.

Comment

For daily beater, with date would be better.

Comment

I found it strange that in pictures, I love the clean and clear looks of ND SUB. even its wrist shot looks sexy and handsome at the some time. You are able to tell time at a glance without the distraction caused by the reflection from the cyclop.

But when I visited a seller and tried the ND. it looks so simple and normal. To a certain extend it looks smaller compared to D SUB.

In real live, the D SUB looks mightlier, tougher and more muscular than ND. In pictures, the ND looks lovely but not in real life. In real life, I feels the ND SUB is too feminine. Thus my indesicion.

Just sharing my opinions, feel free to express disagreements...

(ps. I would have gone with the ND SUB if not for its feminine appearence. I have two other Rolexes both with Cyclops, and there are times when I wish the cyclops are not there.)

Comment

Originally posted by RolexSunday View Post
                      I found it strange that in pictures, I love the clean and clear looks of ND SUB. even its wrist shot looks sexy and handsome at the some time. You are able to tell time at a glance without the distraction caused by the reflection from the cyclop.

But when I visited a seller and tried the ND. it looks so simple and normal. To a certain extend it looks smaller compared to D SUB.

In real live, the D SUB looks mightlier, tougher and more muscular than ND. In pictures, the ND looks lovely but not in real life. In real life, I feels the ND SUB is too feminine. Thus my indesicion.

Just sharing my opinions, feel free to express disagreements...

(ps. I would have gone with the ND SUB if not for its feminine appearence. I have two other Rolexes both with Cyclops, and there are times when I wish the cyclops are not there.)
                      well said bro!

Comment

Sub ND. That's how Sub was born.

Comment

Sry to hijack the thread but i hv not enough access to post. Btw i got a piece of Sub Ceramic bought from local AD in July 2011 that i wanna let go. Do contact me if interested =) 90684791. Thx

Comment

Sub Date with cyclop is rolex trademark and identity. Sub ND dial is balance. If you have a few watches and dont have a winder, Sub ND seems a better choice as there is no need to set the date. Both are great watches.

Comment

Originally posted by lufu View Post
                              Sub ND. That's how Sub was born.
                              So true... the original Sub did not have a date display. The Sub Date was released in 1965.

The cyclops date thing has since became a hallmark in Rolex watches, for the Sub, Datejust, GMT, Yachtmaster and Explorer II models alike. The 2.5x lens magnification is one of the most recognizable feature of Rolex watches.

But off late, I do notice that more and more people are now going for the non-date versions?

Comment

Sub ND, my next target for 2013 !!!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X