116610LV should I bring in RSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 116610LV should I bring in RSC?

I just gotten this brand new lovely piece 1 month ago... from Local AD.

I was admiring it using my 10x loupe, bad idea.... I noticed two dust speck.

Very small, can only see in 12pm sunlight catching the light. Under normal lighting can't see.

So now, I am in dilemma, should I forget it and service it later... or should I bring it in now? I am so disappointed with Rolex.... this almost cost me $12000!! and I really don't expect a single dust... really must bring along my loupe next time I buy another one.

Is a mistake to look thru my loupe. Now i know it is there, and it is bugging me !!!

If it is bugging you every second then send it in else just ignore till the servicing comes. Just my thoughts.
    Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

You must be kidding..... With a $12,000 investment and a brand like ROLEX. I must think twice now in getting a ROLEX !!!

Comment

i wont be surprised
        i have heard complaints on rolex QC on several occasions
        dusts, spots, scratch, misalignment, you name it, they have it

Originally posted by DQ123 View Post

Very small, can only see in 12pm sunlight catching the light. Under normal lighting can't see.

So now, I am in dilemma, should I forget it and service it later... or should I bring it in now? I am so disappointed with Rolex.... this almost cost me $12000!! and I really don't expect a single dust... really must bring along my loupe next time I buy another one.

Is a mistake to look thru my loupe. Now i know it is there, and it is bugging me !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ngokyc View Post
          If it is bugging you every second then send it in else just ignore till the servicing comes. Just my thoughts.
          Sending in is not issue, but I am also worried that the watch is new and once opened, all the seal will be broken... one more thing, RSC might introduce more dust after removing the 2 dust speck... I heard very scary story too!!!! ARRGGGGG!!!!!!! Why like this, so unlucky!!!!!! I really didn't expect Rolex quality is like this ****ty.

Comment

Have no worry. It is more cleaner . If you send it there for a week, you will find the glass and dial very shiny. Free of charge if under warranty

Comment

Originally posted by xinqun View Post
              Have no worry. It is more cleaner . If you send it there for a week, you will find the glass and dial very shiny. Free of charge if under warranty
              Thanks for the advice, my LV is now very accurate... like zero sec per day. OMG, I am so OCD that once go for dust removal, the accuracy drop!

Comment

I will send it to remove the dust if its bugging me and i can spare the time. I had sent in watches to regulate time only when its off cosc specs under warranty. Didnt see the free scratches thought.

No experience for dust in rolex. I did sent in a Ball for dust in dial. Takes less than 30 mins for them to pop open n blow away.

But I doubt RSC will be that fast.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                  I will send it to remove the dust if its bugging me and i can spare the time. I had sent in watches to regulate time only when its off cosc specs under warranty. Didnt see the free scratches thought.

No experience for dust in rolex. I did sent in a Ball for dust in dial. Takes less than 30 mins for them to pop open n blow away.

But I doubt RSC will be that fast.
                  Thanks for the advice. I really need think about it. Let's see the time is less accurate then maybe I will bring it in for regulation and dust remove.

Comment

Hmm.. was at RSC before.. definitely not a clean room environment, so technically, will be very difficult for them to keep dust out of the watch?

Comment

Dont think service centers can be better than the factory in terms of equipment, skill and environment

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                        Dont think service centers can be better than the factory in terms of equipment, skill and environment
                        Well.... What to do? I need to send it in and hope for the best. Now the sub is still accurate so I leave it alone. Luckily it is just a SS Sub. If it is platinum I would throw a big fuss at RSC.

Comment

Next time I buy another rolex, I would definitely bring along my 10x loupe. I am not kidding.

Comment

Sending in is not issue, but I am also worried that the watch is new and once opened, all the seal will be broken... one more thing, RSC might introduce more dust after removing the 2 dust speck... I heard very scary story too!!!! ARRGGGGG!!!!!!! Why like this, so unlucky!!!!!! I really didn't expect Rolex quality is like this ****ty.
                            Aiyo... There is always risk involved lah.. If ken a more dust than ask them to clean immediately. But after the dust will something else happens? Touchwood... Do whatever to make yourself happier lah else you won't be sleep well.
                            Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Same situation as you but with different brand. It bugged me for almost 2 week and in the end, I decided to go ahead to the service centre to remove the dust.

After removing the dust particle, new feeling phase in. That is the feeling of my watch is no longer brand new and someone has meddle with it.

It is like "you gain some but loose some" kind of feeling.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X