116610LV should I bring in RSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
    Some brother got scratched or some brother's watch got scratched?
    Lol

Comment

For a S$12K watch & a brand like Rolex, there's no excuse of course but even the best of the best falters! I would suggest to bring it in RSC asap while still under warranty to regulate, clean up, etc.

Rolex owner since 2010
      Previously owned:
      Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
      GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
      Current collection:
      Datejust 36(116234) V serial
      GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
      Upcoming/Wishlist:
      "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

i brought it in today about 10.45am for removal of a dust particle at 11 o'clock. the malay lady attended to me. asked her how long it will take, straight away told me half a day. i nearly fainted, said will call me when ready, i said ok without realised i forgotten to bring my phone, she was kind enough to ask the tech how long it will take, and came back telling me 1hr. i specially requested her to inform the tech when opening the case to be extra careful. once i got back she face borrowed me her jewellery loupe for me to see. i inspected the watch before i leave, no trace of scratch. well done rsc.

Comment

If u r uncomfortable to live with it. Bring back to RSC.

you can highlight to them and make sure they handled ur watch with care. Tell them how disppted u r and get them to state it down so that ur watch will b handled w care.

Alternatively if u r gd enugg, u might even request them to replace a new pc which the chances are slim.
          Rolex Smurf 116619LB | Rolex Deepsea 126660 | Rolex Batman 116710BLNR | Rolex Daytona Black 116520 | Rolex Kermit 16610LV | Rolex GMT 2 116718LN Green Dial | Rolex Polar 16570 | Rolex DJ 115200 | AP ROO Montauk Highway | PAM 312 | PAM 425 | Cartier Santos XL | Maurice Lacroix Skeleton MP6258 | Maurice Lacroix PT6187/97

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            Chance of getting scratches is quite high...
            almost guranteed. back in Jan 2006 i got a brand new 16570. when home wear for a few days and noticed a grinding sound from the rotor. tried not to bring it in but boh bian. finally got it repaired and told them not to scratch up the watch. as expected, watch came back with 4 evenly chipped marks on the front of the lugs. very obviously. also wondering why would anyone remove bracelet from the front of the lugs. in the end transferred the problem to another owner and lost $600-700 in the process. nowadays i am very scared of the rolex butcher RSC liao.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              Beautiful watch...
              I will leave it. 2 tiny specks of dust is not worth my life worrying over it. Just a personal opinion.

It's a beautiful watch.

"the glass is half full or half empty?"

Comment

Yes for dust it is something that cannot be avoided. I'm working in a cleanroom environment and I know as even in cleanroom there are dust and particles... Frankly I would try not to check so hard else life would be too tiring...
                Current watch list:-
                Rolex DJ (11640)
                Omega Seamaster (daily beater - now down pending servicing...)
                Tudor Glamour DD
                Magrette Bronze (daily beater)
                Hamilton Jazz
                PAM 0000 (Got it for my 41 BD)

Latest new toy:-
                Seiko Sumo Diver (daily beater to replace my broken Seamaster)

Moving into vintage rolex... targeting on good condition DD1803, Explorer1 1016, Explorer2 1655.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny_blue View Post
                  Yes for dust it is something that cannot be avoided. I'm working in a cleanroom environment and I know as even in cleanroom there are dust and particles... Frankly I would try not to check so hard else life would be too tiring...

bro. issue true that for clean room environment. even 100 % dust free also cannot be avoided? still will kenna micro specks of dust which are visible under the bright sunlight?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X