Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    depends on what u lookin for in a watch right? some like complications. some like asthetics
    yEAH...to each his own...as usual.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    Hmm...If I had the xtra cash maybe...but both add up can buy a better watch already lo
    depends on what u lookin for in a watch right? some like complications. some like asthetics

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Agree that only a handful probably will use ROLEX for diving. The best form of dive watch are digital ones. A G Shock will be more than adequate to do the job. But I ever wear my Sub date for swimming before. Looks very nice inside the pool. Try it man
    when i go diving, i use dive comp.

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Hmm...If I had the xtra cash maybe...but both add up can buy a better watch already lo
    They look similar. no point buying both similar watches. From far, most people can't tell at a glance.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    dont tell me u will get both if both are appealing?

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    take no offence. how many of us actually go diving with rolexes or high end dive watch?

for me, the deepest depth i ever went was 200ft, which is about 60m. i already almost felt out of breath. trust me, the pressue @ that depth for a normal recreation diver is considered big.

personally both 'divers' are meant for different markets. the SD are for hardcore divers while the sub is for recreational diver.

both are great watches to own.
    Agree that only a handful probably will use ROLEX for diving. The best form of dive watch are digital ones. A G Shock will be more than adequate to do the job. But I ever wear my Sub date for swimming before. Looks very nice inside the pool. Try it man

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Though it is more value for money in a sense,but some people do not like it without the cyclops and such a bulky watch. So ya...boils back down to personal perference. See which 1 smiles at you man
    dont tell me u will get both if both are appealing?

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Though it is more value for money in a sense,but some people do not like it without the cyclops and such a bulky watch. So ya...boils back down to personal perference. See which 1 smiles at you man

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Yup. Maybe I used the wrong term. I meant there's Helium Escape and it's depth to 1000m, whereas sub date only 300m. So you see actually the SD is more value for money.

But then, because the crystal is made thicker in order to withstand pressures at 1000m, they are unable to include the cyclop, which I believe is an important trademark feature of Rolexes.
    take no offence. how many of us actually go diving with rolexes or high end dive watch?

for me, the deepest depth i ever went was 200ft, which is about 60m. i already almost felt out of breath. trust me, the pressue @ that depth for a normal recreation diver is considered big.

personally both 'divers' are meant for different markets. the SD are for hardcore divers while the sub is for recreational diver.

both are great watches to own.

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    can u elaborate why u say function wise, SD is definitely superior?

u referrin to HEV and depth penetration?
    Yup. Maybe I used the wrong term. I meant there's Helium Escape and it's depth to 1000m, whereas sub date only 300m. So you see actually the SD is more value for money.

But then, because the crystal is made thicker in order to withstand pressures at 1000m, they are unable to include the cyclop, which I believe is an important trademark feature of Rolexes.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Function wise, SD is definitely superior. But SD no have cyclops. I like them
    can u elaborate why u say function wise, SD is definitely superior?

u referrin to HEV and depth penetration?

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
    Anyone agree with me? Put resale value aside, SD r better buy(more value for $$$) than Subbie as it can dived deeper, list price higher.
    Function wise, SD is definitely superior. But SD no have cyclops. I like them

Leave a comment:

• lsk005
    replied
    Anyone agree with me? Put resale value aside, SD r better buy(more value for $$$) than Subbie as it can dived deeper, list price higher.

Leave a comment:

• dnalz
    replied
    yes it is possible to buy sub dial outside rsc, however, u take a risk if they are not original. it is your choice. however when u sent it to RSC make sure u have an original dial.
    you have any idea where can i get an original dial then? when i chked with RSC they say the dial is controlled item we cant buy extra to keep.

Leave a comment:

• chows99
    replied
    Hmmm for me, i seldom seen pple wearing sub leh ... rather, whenever i am travelling in MRT, the only rolex watch model i seen are DJ ... TT, SS, full gold, etc ... haha

I think DJ n sub is more common bah.

I also agree that i feel that its a compliment when some1 is wearing the same watch as mine. Furthermore, its not a ordinary brand ....

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X