Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triton
    replied
    would suggest you read this thread for more information.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by mwjng1 View Post
    Hi folks

I really need some advice from the seasoned forumers.

I am new to the forum and I am thinking about getting a submariner ss/18k 16331 blue base, either new or old.

I have been looking around and the 2nd pieces ranged between S$8k to $9k while the asking price at Hour Glass (today) is slightly above S$10k.

Just wanted to know how other bros would value such purchases, ie: buying new at about S$10k or slightly off-mint version at a 20% discount.

Thanks for your comments.
    decide on what is your budget first? then suggest you decide brand new or pre-own.

when the decision is made, choice is clear.

as for prices, when u have made the above decision then you can start to scout for prices.
    Last edited by triton; 06-04-08, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mwjng1
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    It's 16613.

Anyway...Where did u check your prices? I think it's quite steep. Something like 6-7k is reasonable depends on condition,age and if there's Box and papers
    Some of those 2nd hand dealers found at People's Park. The price for a new one is at Hour Glass at Taka.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by mwjng1 View Post
    Hi folks

I am new to the forum and I am thinking about getting a submariner ss/18k 16331 blue base, either new or old.

I have been looking around and the 2nd pieces ranged between S$8k to $9k while the asking price at Hour Glass (today) is slightly above S$10k.

Just wanted to know how other bros would value such purchases, ie: buying new at about S$10k or slightly off-mint version at a 20% discount.

It's 16613.

Anyway...Where did u check your prices? I think it's quite steep. Something like 6-7k is reasonable depends on condition,age and if there's Box and papers

Leave a comment:

• mwjng1
    replied
    Submariner ss/18k 16331 blue - prices

Hi folks

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    By the way, is the price of a 16613 black dial, U-series at 6.8k reasonable? With box and paper....
    huh...another black dial, bro? why dun u get the TT blue instead..something different from what you've and it's also more popular?

cheers

Leave a comment:

• alexera
    replied
    By the way, is the price of a 16613 black dial, U-series at 6.8k reasonable? With box and paper....
    Price quite reasonable....only thing to ascertain is the overall condition.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    IMO still ok...but try 6.6k

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Taurus75
    replied
    Ask you all ah...

For 16610, when you release the crown to the 1st position, its in the winding mode right?
    When you say wind it in accordance to recommendation here, 40 turns CW to "fully wind" the watch, do you feel any resistance once you pass 40, or does it stays the same kind of feel???

Anybody peal off the GREEN sticker on the back of the case? Is it more recommended to leave it or remove it?
    There should be a slight resistance when the watch is fully wound. It is alright occasionally to go over the required no. of turns to fully wind the watch as there is an inherent clutch mechanism that prevents damage due to the continuous winding. However if the clutch mechanism is engage too often due to overwinding, this may potentially cause its premature wearing out. As for the hologram on the back of the Z series and earlier 16610, there is no general consensus on what to to do with them. Some prefer to leave it as it is as it is afterall a anti-counterfeit feature while some prefer to remove it since it leave a green patch if left untouched over long period of time. So personally, I will juz leave it on.

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    abt winding it, I wanted to check if the spring is faulty or not.. cos some watches if you OVER-WIND, it will damage the coil etc.. I don't do that daily...
    try no to overwind everytime...the moment you face "resistance"..it's time to stop winding. and yes...you'll face resistance once it's fully wound...

as for stickers on the back...i remove them....cos Triton told me if u peel it off after a long time..there'll be a green line on yr back case....

cheers

james

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    abt winding it, I wanted to check if the spring is faulty or not.. cos some watches if you OVER-WIND, it will damage the coil etc.. I don't do that daily...

Leave a comment:

• ^Lee^
    replied
    Ask you all ah...

For 16610, when you release the crown to the 1st position, its in the winding mode right?
    When you say wind it in accordance to recommendation here, 40 turns CW to "fully wind" the watch, do you feel any resistance once you pass 40, or does it stays the same kind of feel???

Anybody peal off the GREEN sticker on the back of the case? Is it more recommended to leave it or remove it?
    Yes, it's winding mode in 1st position.

I do find the crown slightly tight after the 40 turns.
    But why are you bother about to fully wind the watch?

Honestly, I do NOT practise in fully wind my watch.
    Either I will shake the watch to let it move, adjust to the correct time and enjoy of wearing it.
    Or just shake the watch for about 20 seconds and keep it, at the same time enjoy of looking and cleaning the watch.

There is NO rule of leave it or remove it the green sticker.
    It's all up to individual preference
    My 16610 SS Sub Date purchase in 2005 still has it green sticker on it backside.

This is me...and just my 2 cents

Cheerio,

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    For me, I don't touch the GREEN sticker. I mean it's not bothering me lor... So just leave it alone...

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    Ask you all ah...

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X