Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor
    replied
    Gonna send my sub in for a full service and polish.
    Any Bro know about the price to pay ah?
    Hope it won't be more then S$400
    My sub is (F series) 3 years old liao but it's all scratch up already...

Playing with my camera today...

Last edited by Victor; 04-05-08, 02:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• feudallordcult
    replied
    http://www.watchwallpapers.com/snd.htm

something to share and for all to enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• navigato
    replied
    New Sea Dweller

Hi, is this available in sg already? Whats the retail price?

http://www.rolex.com/en/#/en/xml/col...-measure/index

Thank

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Yeah, share ur sentiments. I've been a sucker too often. Tatz why.. !!!

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    true from wat u r saying bro... I did thot of tat... But my post was after James comment so I trust with James input and me saying "fair" deal shld giv hk_apple an idea liao.
    So basically the source of purchase is nt the best deal nor is it tat bad... Moreove hk_apple purchase came with a 2yr warranty.

In any case, yr post put to words my other thots
    Sometimes a referal may nt be the best source... I recalled my 1st car salesman was intro by my Uncle who works at BM... KNN... Found out tat the b@st@rd not only never give me a fair deal, it was MoRE expensive than my other forum friends... An expensive experience...

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Jazz samz, i agree wif u on ur positive advice but frm a diff perspective, it may nt b te case for some. Jus to share, at times, te curiosity of wanting to know price after a purchase may b for another purpose.

Say, someone intro me a "very good" AD, or I, myself, got to knw him/her. So, when it comes to bargaining for a watch, te 'forcefulness' of me trying to get a best price is lessened (since tis AD shld b trustworthy). Later (after buying te watch), I go find out tat I did nt get te best price, at least, I knw tat I'd nt return to te same AD, rite ?

Frustrated ? Yes. Disappointed ? Yes. And tats when ur advice comes in handy..

Leave a comment:

• feudallordcult
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    bro... Congratulations... I initally wanted to get a black dial 16613 as my FIRST ROLEX... But the poison here got the better of me...

The reasong brothers here told u to enjoy yr watch and dun ask abt the price since u already got it is from a 3rd party perspective... Not tat they dun want to offer u any advice. Cos all they are saying is that DUN ask... If u did find tat u got slaughtered, u may feel negatively abt yr purchase that sours yr, supposedly "excited and overwhelmed" feeling u rightfully should be enjoying owning yr first Rolex...
    Cos u nvr knw tat some newbie may say he can get it at blah blah price tat is not proven.. And all it takes is such a comment to make u feel negative right??
    well.... If it sets yr mind at peace, its a fair deal... Sleep on this and dun let yr curiorsity get the better of u.

Cheers!
    well-said! my sentiments exactly. since bought already so should look ahead & enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Jazz samz, i agree wif u on ur positive advice but frm a diff perspective, it may nt b te case for some. Jus to share, at times, te curiosity of wanting to know price after a purchase may b for another purpose.

Say, someone intro me a "very good" AD, or I, myself, got to knw him/her. So, when it comes to bargaining for a watch, te 'forcefulness' of me trying to get a best price is lessened (since tis AD shld b trustworthy). Later (after buying te watch), I go find out tat I did nt get te best price, at least, I knw tat I'd nt return to te same AD, rite ?

Frustrated ? Yes. Disappointed ? Yes. And tats when ur advice comes in handy..

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    don't find that this observation is accurate... Sub sales are alot higher p;rior to all the pre-basel 2008 speculations... For every sea dweller sold, ther have to be maybe 8 to 10 sub? (wun be surprise if there are even more) so naturally u still see more pre-owned pcs float more in the market versus a SD. To some, since SD can earn more money now... They dun mind selling it off so tat they can get the new DSSD? Hw many watch mass market owners ACTUALLY are informed OR into Collecting a watch or ROLEX for that matter...???
    Subdte 16610 havnt gone south for sure... In fact i think it did go up slightly since there were two price increases from nov 06 till nw... And sellers wld take the chance to up the resale mkt since there are constant demand for a 16610.. For wat was purchase prev at 6k, u maybe able to get only an older series or two at 6k nw...

Abv analysis are purely IMHO only.... Cheers!

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
    Did anyone realise that everyone seems to be duping sub? I had that impression after my recent Jap trip and monitoring sales at Sg ROC. Prices are really going south.5 mths The prices are so close to my SD price now...

On the other hand, SD seems to be disappearing from sales thread....

Rumour Alert:
    One of my staff who collect watches told me that his regular supplier tells him that SD are being 'kept' in anticipation of Deepseas arrival and its discontinuation aka GMT II. Hence u will not find much SD in the 2nd hand shops nowadays. Not sure how true though...

Leave a comment:

• hk_apple
    replied
    okok thks all bros for ur experience opinion........assuming the price shld b ok la cos the shop gave me 2 yrs warranty too......thks thks.

cheers

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    bro... U shld be getting more rest!! Have a safe and enjoyable holiday dude... Although i worry hw u r gona manage all the luggages and SHOPPING BAGS!! Have fun and we'll all miss u...
    Pls updte prices of the watches there are... I m keen on Gmt c II in bth SS and TT versions... (explains why i said those mushy stuffs... ;laugh: )

Take care!!

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    Exactly!! Well said bro jazz!!

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    bro... Congratulations... I initally wanted to get a black dial 16613 as my FIRST ROLEX... But the poison here got the better of me...

The reasong brothers here told u to enjoy yr watch and dun ask abt the price since u already got it is from a 3rd party perspective... Not tat they dun want to offer u any advice. Cos all they are saying is that DUN ask... If u did find tat u got slaughtered, u may feel negatively abt yr purchase that sours yr, supposedly "excited and overwhelmed" feeling u rightfully should be enjoying owning yr first Rolex...
    Cos u nvr knw tat some newbie may say he can get it at blah blah price tat is not proven.. And all it takes is such a comment to make u feel negative right??
    well.... If it sets yr mind at peace, its a fair deal... Sleep on this and dun let yr curiorsity get the better of u.

Cheers!
    Exactly!! Well said bro jazz!!

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied

Cheers!
    Originally posted by hk_apple View Post
    thks bro

i m definitely happy abt having this baby.....
    as mentioned i m very new on this, thats y jus wanted to find out if i was paying too high or jus rite for the price cos i saved quite awhile to buy this baby

thks anyway......cheers

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    You paid slightly more for your TT...you can get Y series TT Sub at $7.4k -$7.5K....but as long as you like it...what's $300 - $400 right?

cheers

james

Leave a comment:

• hk_apple
    replied
    Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
    congrats. dun worry abt the price as long as u r happy with yr purchase. wear it in good health, it will last u a lifetime.

thks bro

i m definitely happy abt having this baby.....
    as mentioned i m very new on this, thats y jus wanted to find out if i was paying too high or jus rite for the price cos i saved quite awhile to buy this baby

thks anyway......cheers

Leave a comment:

• feudallordcult
    replied
    Originally posted by hk_apple View Post
    hi i jus bought a tt blue sub.....y-serious. five yrs old for 7.8k.....is the price reasonable?....i m v new on rolex watches.....this is my 1st baby.

regards
    congrats. dun worry abt the price as long as u r happy with yr purchase. wear it in good health, it will last u a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X