Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Tx bro. Wearing it now.

Leave a comment:

• Familyfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Please add me as a proud owner of a ROLEX Submariner 16610, ss black.
    Wahh..nice to know that. Congrats!!

Leave a comment:

• exxondus
    replied
    wah congrates leh!!

me also itchy to get one more rollie just no cash so sad........

btw, hope u faster sell ur datejust so can buy another rollie

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    It's the same, old Submariner that many of you here are having what.. .. Ok la, will try to get the pics out soon these couple of days.

Tx.

Leave a comment:

• BAR_Honda
    replied
    my turn to congratulate you bro

pics to share?

Leave a comment:

• daveevan
    replied
    congrats bro , show some pics please

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BAR_Honda
    replied
    i dun know the technical specs bro terroz,... but the DSSD certainly feels like double the weight of my Sub ... its thick too! if you wear long sleeve shirt for work,... most likely the watch cannot sit inside coz it very thick. With my Sub, i can barely tug the watch inside my sleeve (to prevent desk dive marks).

Leave a comment:

• terroz
    replied
    It definetely did BAR_Honda bro.

I dont really have a fat wrist, its quite boney, but maybe a bigger dial appeal to me more. Hows the weight compared to the sub, maybe i got to consider in that factor too, dont want end up wrist ache and prolly restrict move much too.

Leave a comment:

• BAR_Honda
    replied
    hi terroz bro, glad my Sub pics "talked" to you

just for sharing, i saw the DSSD on display at THH last saturday.... massive watch!...very massive indeed!!! you can go there and have a try, put the watch on your wrist.

Leave a comment:

• terroz
    replied
    ty very much triton for the interesting insight.

I guess the diving depth doesnt really have a impact as i feel the submariner has become more of a fashion statement according to one of the bro above post that the new ceramic bezel is too brittle for diving. Though i was from the navy during NS, but not a diver, haha, the most only swim around in swimming pools.

So far from what i seen so far, i have narrow down my choices to a sub, gmt2c or a dssd. My opinions so far..

Sub- the 40mm dial looks just alright on my wrist, tho alittle bigger dial will be perfect imo, would it be a good investment if i get a "V' series sub or wait till 2013 which one of the bro here state when the new sub prices will fall into acceptable buying range. I got to admit the new subs feature looks really tempting.

DSSD- I havent tried it on as there was no stock, but i would reckon the 43mm dial would be fitting. It already comes with the new features like ceramic, new clasp lock, but i believe price is on the high side now as its newly launch model, maybe should wait a few more years for this, hehe

GMTIIc- well, probably got to be on the lowest order in what i like so far, no offense to GMT lovers, hehe, one man's meat is another man's poison. Or maybe due to the price.

to bro Bar-Honda - grats on the beautiful acquired timepieces, somehow from ur 1st and last pic, i can feel the watch smiling at me, damn..

to bro Oceanklassik - i believe u are looking for subs, do u mind sharing the prices/quotes u have so far, so i have a better understanding of the pricings

ty all for reading and i apologize for the wall of texts
    (ps. sorry if i ot, will open a new thread)

Leave a comment:

• Familyfirst
    replied
    Congrats, nice pics and welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Another one who beat me to it . Beautiful. Tx for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• BAR_Honda
    replied
    Hi guys, just bought my Sub SS last week. Glad to join this friendly community Pls add me to the list of Sub owners. Pics of my first rolex watch

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    the sub and sd is more than just the depth difference.

the sd has a helium valve that the sub dont have
    the sd does not have cyclops, sub does.
    as for toolkit, both have in the past, but have been slowly been phased out.

sd has been discontinued and many sellers are trying to sell it @ a list price or as high as possibe, riding on the fact, it 'will be' collectible. but with so many pieces in the market, it will take awhile before it reach that collectible stage.

besides THG, u can try WP , KHH, THH, LC etc for a more comprehensive price guide.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X