DSSD 116660 Vs Hulk LV116610

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSSD 116660 Vs Hulk LV116610

Which is a better choice investment wise like 10-20 years down the road?

if you had to choose 1, which will it be? The monster sports or the Hulk?

reasons and advice welcome!
    Deep Sea Sea Dweller!
    51.61%
    Hulk!
    48.39%

definitely the dssd
    but not everyone can carry it well

Comment

Neither for investment.

But for wearing, definitely the DSSD.

Comment

To wear : Hulk
        To dive and marvel at the engineering Spec: DSSD
        Investment: Now seem like a good time to buy the SS Daytona

Comment

Deepsea for the win! Once u get used to wearing the watch, u'll love it totally...

Comment

i will choose the hulk for uniqueness and that my wrist can't take a dssd

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
            http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hulk is easy to wear
              Dssd may be too bulky for some

Comment

DSSD for me,as nt every1 can take green colour
                Current:
                Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
                Panerai 312N
                Panerai 233O
                Sevenfriday P1-2
                Sevenfriday M2-2
                Seiko SBBN015

Past:
                Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
                Panerai 005N
                Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

I prefer Hulk due to it's beauty. The green ceramic bezel and green-gold dial are amazing. As for value, I think both watches are not really fantastic. As far as investment on watches is concerned, the investment period is YEARS. Regardless which Rolex model, don't expect good profit over just a few years. It all depends on supply and demand too. I feel DSSD is quite big for most asians' wrist, thus demands may not be good. As far as supplies are concerned, I think both DSSD and Hulk are pretty controlled, not easily available, not as good as the classic black Submariner. As for Submariner, it's always a comfortable and beautiful model. And it seems to be an iconic Rolex Sports model. DSSD, from some perspectives, is recognised as a "diving watch/tool". In any case, get the one you like, opinions are always discreationary. It's pointless to get a watch which others mention that it's good, but you yourself may not like it. That's my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                    I prefer Hulk due to it's beauty. The green ceramic bezel and green-gold dial are amazing. As for value, I think both watches are not really fantastic. As far as investment on watches is concerned, the investment period is YEARS. Regardless which Rolex model, don't expect good profit over just a few years. It all depends on supply and demand too. I feel DSSD is quite big for most asians' wrist, thus demands may not be good. As far as supplies are concerned, I think both DSSD and Hulk are pretty controlled, not easily available, not as good as the classic black Submariner. As for Submariner, it's always a comfortable and beautiful model. And it seems to be an iconic Rolex Sports model. DSSD, from some perspectives, is recognised as a "diving watch/tool". In any case, get the one you like, opinions are always discreationary. It's pointless to get a watch which others mention that it's good, but you yourself may not like it. That's my 2 cents worth of opinion.
                    Well said...From what I read, I can see that you are experienced in rolex watches.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                    A Crown for Every Achievement
                    Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

the submariner, like the dssd, is a diving watch
                      just that the ratings are 12x different
                      btw, there is no other automatic watch that can reach the ratings of the dssd, yet

Comment

Agree with jackjack.. A SS daytona would be better as an investment
                        ---------------------
                        SUB 16610LV
                        SUB 116610LV
                        Daytona 16520
                        50th Bond Omega

Comment

second that

Originally posted by dragjin View Post
                          Agree with jackjack.. A SS daytona would be better as an investment

Comment

Both Hulk and DSSD are iconic watches. To wear everyday, Hulk is better due to the weight and size(can hide under LS). As for DSSD, it is better if you have a bigger wrist. As I have a tiny wrist, once I wear DSSD, I can't see my wrist. But I can overcome that aspect if I really want a DSSD, As for the green color of hulk, you will get used to it once you wear it everyday, the contrast isn't that drastic as compared to the original LV, the green ceramic bezel and dial reflects differently under different lighting condition. Value wise, Daytona is better than Hulk and DSSD. Just my 2 cents view.
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

not sure if hulk attained iconic status though i agree dssd does as it breaks record of all automatic dive watches with a 3900m water rating

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                              Both Hulk and DSSD are iconic watches. To wear everyday, Hulk is better due to the weight and size(can hide under LS). As for DSSD, it is better if you have a bigger wrist. As I have a tiny wrist, once I wear DSSD, I can't see my wrist. But I can overcome that aspect if I really want a DSSD, As for the green color of hulk, you will get used to it once you wear it everyday, the contrast isn't that drastic as compared to the original LV, the green ceramic bezel and dial reflects differently under different lighting condition. Value wise, Daytona is better than Hulk and DSSD. Just my 2 cents view.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X