X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer 2 winding and crown queries

Hi Bros,

My explorer 2 was bought on 30 july 2006. want to check the following:

(1) when winding, the free play of the crown is quite a bit. It is not as tight as the submariner that i have.
    (2) after winding, when i push back the crown and screw in, it does not screw all the way in. when this happens,i have to pull the crown out again and push in properly and screw back, then it seems ok.
    (3) explorer 2 can be pulled out to 3 positions. for winding, to move hour hand only, and to move all hands. thus when i pull out the crown, the find the hands inside the glass like vigourously moving.

is all this normal??

regards,
    icecool
    Rolex Explorer II (Black) 31/07/2006
    Rolex Submariner (Steel) 11/11/2009
    Rolex GMT Master II Batman (Steel) 20/12/2016

Looks normal to me for a watch of that age.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I am not worried for the age of the watch. I just want to know from those who bought thier explorer 2 recently whether is it the same. Cause I did not wear this watch for almost to years.

Thanks

Comment

1) Sub have a tri-lock crown, so there is a o-ring on the tube. Therefore, is tighter when you screw in the crown. Expl 2 is twin-lock.
        2) Maybe you didn't screw properly, try to turn anti-clockwise SLIGHTLY before turing clockwise.
        3) For 3135 movement which is your watch, the 4th will then to wiggle when you adjust the hour hand. They have correct the problem in 3136 movement.

Senior here please correct me if i'm wrong. Cheers
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
          1) Sub have a tri-lock crown, so there is a o-ring on the tube. Therefore, is tighter when you screw in the crown. Expl 2 is twin-lock.
          2) Maybe you didn't screw properly, try to turn anti-clockwise SLIGHTLY before turing clockwise.
          3) For 3135 movement which is your watch, the 4th will then to wiggle when you adjust the hour hand. They have correct the problem in 3136 movement.

Senior here please correct me if i'm wrong. Cheers

Wah....confirm u more senior since u told me about the movement. Later in the evening i am going to rolex tower to check. Let me see what they have to say about 2 say. Thanks a lot bro

Regards,
          icecool

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X